Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 06-07-2014, 09:27 PM   #1
malazn mafia
Boss 335

Default Floor mat issue (not Ford)

Had the same incident happen 4 times now in the runabout s**box (2011 corolla). When accelerating suddenly at 3/4 throttle, the accelerator pedal gets stuck at 3/4 or full by the edge of floor mat (Genuine Toyota Item). Looking at the floor mat, this looks physically impossible, but this is the 4th time. I can't seem to see any recalls for Corolla Floor mat online. I can never get it to happen by trying, but it will always happen in very awkward situations: first time was accelerating away from traffic lights into a slip lane, and I nearly crashed head on into a concrete divider, another time was overtaking and the last time was after swerving to avoid a line of cars stopped in the middle lane of the freeway). I would never have believed someone if they told me this had happened. Am a bit embarrassed to bring this up with Toyota as they might think I'm on something. Is the car cursed or something?

malazn mafia is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-07-2014, 09:41 PM   #2
Bushbasher
When in doubt, GAS IT!!

Default Re: Floor mat issue (not Ford)

Wasn't there a recall in the US a couple of years for that very reason? And I reckon it was Toyota too.

Here ya go
. It's not about Corolla as such but it is Toyota and it is dodgy floor mats.

And Again
, probably more relevant.

HERS- BFIII Wagon Gold, alloys, dual fuel, bullbar, big tow pack, trans cooler, fully rebuilt HD suspension, Clarion, alarmed, full 2 1/2" sports system, mint body

MINE- AUII Forte
Meteorite, dual fuel but otherwise bog stock.

MINE- AUII Fairlane Sportsman Liquid Silver over meteorite,HIDs', Airhog, Eagle Leads, dual fuel, custom rear springs, BA slotted discs + a second one for spares

Bushbasher is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-07-2014, 09:49 PM   #3
commonrails

"Oh what a feeling"

Someone had to do it.
commonrails is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-07-2014, 10:22 AM   #4
t_holt69

being a 2011, if you have genuine mats, there should be 2 holes in them, each side of the embroidered corolla, with matching holes in the carpet floor under the mat, being either hatch or sedan.
These holes are there to stop the mats moving up underneath the pedal, all you need are the clips that are probably missing...
Old 07-07-2014, 11:25 AM   #5
vztrt
IWCMOGTVM Club Supporter

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: vztrt is one of the most consistent and respected contributors to AFF, I have found his contributions are most useful to discussion as well as answering members queries. 

The mats in my sedan and ute are just as crap. They keep getting caught in the pedals. Its not as bad as jamming the accelerator/brake but quite annoying. The problem is who sells good aftermarket mats as I can't find any.
Old 07-07-2014, 11:46 AM   #6
xisled
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

My BA GT mats do the same thing.
xisled is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-07-2014, 06:15 PM   #7
malazn mafia
Boss 335

Quote:
Originally Posted by t_holt69 View Post
being a 2011, if you have genuine mats, there should be 2 holes in them, each side of the embroidered corolla, with matching holes in the carpet floor under the mat, being either hatch or sedan.
These holes are there to stop the mats moving up underneath the pedal, all you need are the clips that are probably missing...
Clips are there. The mat isn't moving underneath the pedal. It is somehow coming away from the floor and perfectly sitting flush against the left hand edge of the accelerator pedal when it is down and holding it there.
malazn mafia is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-07-2014, 10:05 PM   #8
danzvtil
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by malazn mafia View Post
Am a bit embarrassed to bring this up with Toyota as they might think I'm on something. Is the car cursed or something?
Mate, bringing this to Toyotas attention should be an URGENT priority! You need to get this looked at before you kill yourself or another road user.
Toyota will WANT to look at this for you.

2019 LDV G10
2009 Mitsubishi Express-GONE
2011 Honda Jazz