Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 03-07-2014, 02:05 AM   #1
bobthebilda
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Vfacts june 2014

http://www.caradvice.com.au/294093/t...r-sales-total/

The Toyota Corolla posted a huge sales total in June, claiming top spot yet again and narrowing the gap to the market-leading Mazda 3.

Preliminary data obtained by CarAdvice shows the Corolla racked up almost 4650 sales in June. The result is believed to be the best monthly total for any model since the Mazda 3’s 4649 total in December 2012.

The Mazda 3 is understood to have trailed its compact Japanese rival by roughly 600 units in June, posting a total around 4060. The results should see the Toyota sit fewer than 400 units shy of the Mazda on the overall 2014 tally at the halfway point of the year.

The preliminary data suggests the Mazda’s 4000-plus month wasn’t enough to claim a spot on the podium, however, with the Toyota HiLux and Mitsubishi Triton utes believed to have tallied approximately 4270 and 4120 sales respectively.

The data shows a tight race for fifth position, with the Hyundai i30 narrowly edging the Ford Ranger, both selling slightly more than 3200 units.

As reported earlier today, the Holden Commodore is believed to have locked down seventh position with its best result of the year, totalling about 3156 sales.

The Toyota Camry, Nissan Navara and Volkswagen Golf look set to round out June’s top 10, all selling in excess of 2250 units.

Official VFACTS sales data to be released by the Federal Chamber of Automotive Industries tomorrow is expected to reveal that June was the first month of positive growth for the year.

Preliminary data shows sales of just under 120,000 – potentially the biggest sales month in Australian history – representing growth of approximately 0.8 per cent over June 2013.

bobthebilda is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-07-2014, 11:38 AM   #2
csv8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Vfacts june 2014

Good result for Ranger..and Commodore 3156...lets hope the FH is a knockout!!!!
Old 03-07-2014, 11:43 AM   #3
chookaradley
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Is supply for the Ranger still an issue, or are Ford Oz getting their hands on more of them these days?
chookaradley is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-07-2014, 11:47 AM   #4
pearlhead

Excellent result in such a big month. Wonder how the Falcon went with the FH/FZ still being developed and all
pearlhead is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-07-2014, 11:50 AM   #5
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

Ranger supply has caught up.
2024.50 Mustang GT 10A Grabber Blue Nite Pony Package. Due Aug 24.
Smoke Pursuit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-07-2014, 11:56 AM   #6
mcnews
Trev

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Trev has owned several boosted fords and has really contributed a lot of info on them. His posts in the bike section are also very helpful. I think he should be recognised as a technical contributor. 

Hyundai sold over 10,000 cars in June alone..... A new record for them.
This user likes this post:
Old 03-07-2014, 05:39 PM   #7
bobthebilda
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by pearlhead View Post
Excellent result in such a big monthu. Wonder how the Falcon went with the FH/FZ still being developed and all
Falcon sales were 552 for the month.
bobthebilda is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-07-2014, 06:28 PM   #8
chopstar87
The Original ChopstaR

I was just looking at some of the stats on Car advice and for the half year result.. the falcon has only sold 3562 falcons year to date... which sits it at 47th place for new car sales for the first 6 month of the year... its a little sad that the Ford Falcon has dropped so far... hopefully the next updated Falcon can climb the ladder a bit more next year, before we say good bye to it..

May 2006 – October 2006: 2002 Proton Persona
October 2006 – July 2013: 2004 BA Ford Falcon XR6 (Blueprint – 4 speed Auto – Premium Audio - No Tracton Control )
July 2013 - ???: 2013 Chrysler 300c Luxury (Bright white – Panoramic Sunroof – 19 speaker 900 watt Harmon/Kardon stereo)
November 2013 - ???: 2013 Ford Focus Sport (the missus's car, white, manual)
chopstar87 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-07-2014, 07:44 PM   #9
GT014

Quote:
Originally Posted by chopstar87 View Post
I was just looking at some of the stats on Car advice and for the half year result.. the falcon has only sold 3562 falcons year to date... which sits it at 47th place for new car sales for the first 6 month of the year... its a little sad that the Ford Falcon has dropped so far... hopefully the next updated Falcon can climb the ladder a bit more next year, before we say good bye to it..
...... they are depressing numbers, even the second hand falcons is a dead market.

Last edited by Auslandau; 04-07-2014 at 11:34 PM. Reason: Off topic bits ....
GT014 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 04-07-2014, 09:09 AM   #10
vztrt
IWCMOGTVM Club Supporter

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: vztrt is one of the most consistent and respected contributors to AFF, I have found his contributions are most useful to discussion as well as answering members queries. 

Nothing on Terri and Ute figures?
Old 04-07-2014, 09:21 AM   #11
Joe5619
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by vztrt View Post
Nothing on Terri and Ute figures?
Territory = 1278

http://www.caradvice.com.au/294573/n...res-june-2014/
Joe5619 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-07-2014, 09:37 AM   #12
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

EOF spike?
  • 1999 Lexus IS200 - 1G-FE Turbo 6MT
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
Polyal is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-07-2014, 10:56 AM   #13
PepeLePew
Workshop & Performance

What're they doing giving Tritons away?

Alpine 7909 30th/Alpine 5959/Audison Bitone.1/DLS Ultimate A6+A7/ Focal KRX2/Morel Ultimo 12/AudioEngine B1
A stereo that happens to have a XR5 wrapped around it
PepeLePew is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-07-2014, 03:22 PM   #14
vztrt
IWCMOGTVM Club Supporter

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: vztrt is one of the most consistent and respected contributors to AFF, I have found his contributions are most useful to discussion as well as answering members queries. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PepeLePew View Post
What're they doing giving Tritons away?
duel cab 4x4 diesel for $35k is pretty tempting if you don't care that its a run out model.
Old 04-07-2014, 04:16 PM   #15
naddis01
\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/

You can get 4x4 dual cab Tritons for under 30k on the road...
naddis01 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-07-2014, 04:44 PM   #16
Gadgetman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by chopstar87 View Post
The new falcon will only sell well in the last month of production. Everyone will want the last one not the 1st one. Same issue with the GT. When the model was there for everyone to buy, most didn't, when the announced the end of it, people came from everywhere. As a dealer, I cant help but feel like smacking the next bloke who walks into the showroom complaining that he cant find a GTF anywhere and he has a Golf R out the front. You know one of those that one to buy a car for resale reasons and normally couldn't give a toss about local manufacturing. My job used to be satisfying 99 % of the time. It aint these days.
Gadgetman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-07-2014, 04:52 PM   #17
vztrt
IWCMOGTVM Club Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by naddis01 View Post
You can get 4x4 dual cab Tritons for under 30k on the road...
It was 35k in vic (GXR) still cheaper then the Ranger.
Old 04-07-2014, 06:42 PM   #18
buggerlugs
If it ain't broke........
Donating Member1

I pulled up at the lights on the way to work this morn and there were 2 identical grey Triton GLX-r utes in front of me. Bugger me dead if a third grey, "YES GREY" GLX-r ute pulls up next to me. I spent half the morning thinking "How often would that happen ?" Yes I know, small things amuse small minds..............
2 users like this post:
Old 05-07-2014, 12:38 AM   #19
Pepscobra
Call me dirt... Joe Dirt

How is it that the large car segment is supposedly dead, but Commodore can still sell 3000+ units a month?
2007 BFII FPV Cobra Ute|Boss 302|6M|#23/100
Mods so far:
Billet Products Shifter|X-Force Exhaust|Herrod Oil Breathers|Whiteline Sway Bar|Tein SuperStreets|Kings FOR-303SL Rear Springs|Melling Oil Pump|Mace Manifold Spacers|Powerbond Underdrives|Pacemaker Headers|Ballistic Cats|XFT Custom Tune @ 308.3rwkw|DBA T3 Rotors|Ferodo Pads|Goodridge Braided Lines
Mods to come:
4.11 Diff Gears|Chromoly Tailshaft
I use & recommend:
Castrol|Motorcraft|Mainlube|Penrite

Check Out My Build Thread
Pepscobra is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-07-2014, 09:24 AM   #20
Dr Smith
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pepscobra View Post
How is it that the large car segment is supposedly dead, but Commodore can still sell 3000+ units a month?
Because when you add the total segment volume, of which VF dominates it's doesn't get over 4000 units/month, whereas back in VX/VY/BA/Avalon days it was a segment of over 12,000 units/month.
Dr Smith is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 05-07-2014, 10:33 AM   #21
turbodewd
FG Falcon fan

The whole Aussie car market is massively segmented. 10 years ago the top seller would sell a lot more cars. Australia has heaps of brands and heaps of models...Toyota sell like 15 models!

Id like to see the GST on cars raised to 30%. We dont make them anymore, they are a source of imports and we need a source of tax revenue. They are our 3rd largest import and taxing these wont hurt gramps or gran. AND on top of this, cars are shocking contributors to CO2 emissions, both in production and general use.
turbodewd is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-07-2014, 11:26 AM   #22
BHDOGS
Banned

Yup the import tax should rise **** the rest of the world
BHDOGS is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-07-2014, 11:39 AM   #23
csv8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Hyundai Genesis is coming..but not the V8...priced from $50k to $58 loaded with kit..will be interesting to see how it sells...Hyundai admit its a risk bringing it here..at least they are willing to give it a go...I see it as a niche product..not a big seller
Old 05-07-2014, 11:59 AM   #24
johnydep
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech article(s) 

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbodewd View Post
The whole Aussie car market is massively segmented. 10 years ago the top seller would sell a lot more cars. Australia has heaps of brands and heaps of models...Toyota sell like 15 models!

Id like to see the GST on cars raised to 30%. We dont make them anymore, they are a source of imports and we need a source of tax revenue. They are our 3rd largest import and taxing these wont hurt gramps or gran. AND on top of this, cars are shocking contributors to CO2 emissions, both in production and general use.
The used car market would love that. Forcing low to middle income owners out of the new car market into the used car market, would be a fantastic revival of the used car market. Prices increasing due to demand and the higher new car prices, forcing people to have no choice but to pay.

Yeah, that would be great

I suppose they could sue public transport instead. Maybe that extra 30% could be used to increase the number of trains, buses and trams. Build overpasses, increase the size and number of stations. Would be hard for a few years until infrastructure caught up, but so what, got to start somewhere, Hey?

Could start with a law allowing for people to have legitimate excuses for getting to work later for those that may need to take more than one bus/train. I suppose we could say 'stuff you, get out of bed earlier'.

30% GST on new cars. Hell, tax all car sales at 30%. Yeah :-(
especially concerning their love of the motor vehicle.

http://www.fireservicecollege.ac.uk
johnydep is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-07-2014, 01:25 PM   #25
Gadgetman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbodewd View Post

I think you mean tariff as opposed to GST dont you?
Gadgetman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post