Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 15-03-2014, 06:47 PM   #31
jakkes
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Talk me out of Changing Camps?

your tezza is not stuck in a loop lol the computer learns the driver's behaviour it always happened to me i'd jump in the car after my mum( yes mums car lol ) drove it around town for a while and it would short shift no power bla bla-------slug!!! then i'd get in straight to sports auto mode and after 5 min it was a race car in comparison

----------------------------------------------------------------
BA falcon XT mkII, 5.4lt, 5sp,
Y-code, xy windowless pano, 3 on the tree manual.
re-shelled xy falcon GT, manual.
1980 honda CX500 scrambler/dirt tracker
jakkes is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-03-2014, 10:21 AM   #32
nuthin' fancy
Lyminge, Shepway, Kent
Donating Member3

Road trip to Perth.

Have a week out of the Terror while it resides here:

http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11341410

Drive back in the best of both worlds........

"Comedy is when you fall into an open sewer and die, tragedy is when I get a paper cut"
nuthin' fancy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-03-2014, 10:59 PM   #33
V8 Ghia Mike
Blue blooded Ford guy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by neptune blue View Post
My Holden puts a smile on my face whether I'm washing or driving
Lets not let "badge mentality" decide what is or isn't a good car
My comment was about car purchasing being as much an emotional choice as it is a practical one. If it was always the latter we'd all be driving white good hatchbacks. The OP might make the correct logical choice in buying a Holden, but as a fellow car nut, he has to live with it for at least a couple of years and must be satisfied with it as a Ford fan.

Now there is no way in hell a Holden will ever park in our driveway, no matter how much tech or economy is has over it's Ford equivalent. An emotional choice of cars for us, but I sleep well at night happy with them. Sue me, I'm a Ford fan.

Mike

94 EF Fairmont Ghia 5.0- XR8 in a tuxedo...
Bordeaux purple, Tickford kit, 2.5+ inch drop, EL Ghia chrome, leather, Pioneer sound, C&C, electric everything, 18" BA XR8's, ABS, LSD, GT40P's, Crane cam, ChipTorque ECU, XR8 snorkel, lots of woodgrain, chrome and interior lights.
V8 Ghia Mike is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 16-03-2014, 11:26 PM   #34
4vdean

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamborghinifan View Post
Been having a good hunt over at ls1 (been needed to start an account!) but I can't seem to find anything definite as a fix for battery issues and drains. Anyone know for sure? The conclusion I've come up with is that about 5 different scenarios cause the dead electrical issue- failed battery, door connector loom, speaker, entertainment unit in rear or Bluetooth, or faulty bcm programming.
I would have thought a visit to ls1 forum would have been enough to snap you out of it !!!!!!
Old 16-03-2014, 11:50 PM   #35
UberKnee
The One Who Knocks

Brand loyalty is foolish. If you like a car, want a car, enjoy driving a car who gives a rats *** what badge it has on the front!

I've enjoyed my Ford, my Holdens and my Mitsubishi. Brand loyalty doesn't give you anything.
UberKnee is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 17-03-2014, 12:01 AM   #36
neptune blue
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

My comment was about car purchasing being as much an emotional choice as it is a practical one. If it was always the latter we'd all be driving white good hatchbacks. The OP might make the correct logical choice in buying a Holden, but as a fellow car nut, he has to live with it for at least a couple of years and must be satisfied with it as a Ford fan.

Now there is no way in hell a Holden will ever park in our driveway, no matter how much tech or economy is has over it's Ford equivalent. An emotional choice of cars for us, but I sleep well at night happy with them. Sue me, I'm a Ford fan.

Like you I would have never contemplated buying a Holden ( many years ago)
For me that all changed when ford released the AU - to me that is one of the ugliest if not the ugliest car ever made by ford Australia

Sure others will disagree with my opinion but this post is not to convince people otherwise
if they see a thing of beauty well so be it
My disappointment in the AU lead me straight to a Holden dealer where I purchased a VT Berlina with leather body kit 17 inch wheels sun roof and 5.0 litre

This opened my eyes and i realised that a good car is a good car no matter who it's made by

I started to appreciate all sorts of cars for what they are, not how they were badged, chevs Mopar etc and their various marques

So when the Monaro was released, there was no way I was going to miss out on one of them
Aussie built coupe with Big V8 up front .... Sound familiar ?

Where else was I going to get a locally built coupe with all the goodies. I didn't give a rats about the badge . For me it was about driving a really cool car , one built here , that was half the cost of its European equivalents

That car turned as many heads as my XB coupe , being the limited edition Monaro

fast forward to February 2014, I buy a 2009 WM caprice 70 thousand k on the clock one owner Headrest DVD to keep the kids quiet, in the colour combo I want, 6 litre v8 for $18k

Why, it represented unbelievable value for money , has every thing on the shopping list that I wanted and its a cool looking car

I'm loyal to the most important person in the world and that would be me - why should i compromise for the sake of a badge, to me that simply doesn't make any sense and loyalty has nothing to do with it -

Lets turn this around - so I want to buy a V8 long wheel base car fully loaded and I would like it to be manufactured by ford .... Dam they don't make one so does this mean I have to buy something that doesn't suit me because I must remain loyal to a badge ????

No one is telling you to buy a Holden - but at least I can give an honest response to a question because I have owned cars manufactured from both camps

The guy that started this thread wanted to see what else is out there and good on him for asking

I can say from my experience is that all the fords and Holden' s I have owned have been great cars. I have enjoyed owning them and purchasing cars on there merits instead of their badges, has made me more of an astute buyer
neptune blue is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
5 users like this post:
Old 17-03-2014, 06:27 PM   #37
93EB_SXR6
I totalled my XR6

Why talk yourself out of it? I'm a Ford man but will buy a series 2 VE Calais or SS when I can legally drive again.
Old 17-03-2014, 06:45 PM   #38
ash68

A true ford man would never even think of owning gm crap .just my opinion
ash68 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-03-2014, 07:44 PM   #39
Adamz Ghia
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I remember going to Sandown 2006 in a 2002 Monaro where Ford won and we left flying an FPR flag outside each side of the car. We got some funny looks...! Badge means nothing. If you like the car, buy it...!
Adamz Ghia is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-03-2014, 07:46 PM   #40
Sorted
OzEcruisers PRESIDENT

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: For all the contributions you make to the AFF community. 

No point - buy Holden its obviously a better product as agreed by 99% members on AFF

Tuned by DYNOMOTIVE

200BUX - AFF Drag Nats 2019 EF Wagon
Quote:
Originally Posted by rednose View Post
Common knowledge that the more weight you take out of the car the less power you need to run the time.
Sorted is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 17-03-2014, 08:58 PM   #41
DanielXR8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorted View Post
No point - buy Holden its obviously a better product as agreed by 99% members on AFF
Lol be careful what you say as Holdens marketing team could run with that quote.
DanielXR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-03-2014, 09:01 PM   #42
JC
Miami Pilot
Donating Member2

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Just cos Abbott doesn't support it, there's no reason you shouldn't change camps, if that's the way you want to go. Each to their own.
Mods: Tune, HSD/ShockWorks, black GT335 19” staggered replicas with 245 & 275/35/19 Michelin Pilot sport 5s

Daily: BF2 Fairmont Ghia I6 ZF, machine face GT335 19” staggered Replicas with 245s and 275s, Bilsteins & Kings

FPV 335 build stats: <click here>

Ford Performance Club ACT
JC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 17-03-2014, 10:48 PM   #43
lamborghinifan

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4vdean View Post
I would have thought a visit to ls1 forum would have been enough to snap you out of it !!!!!!
Very nearly!!!
Still can't find out If the max tow rating for a bolt on tongue is 1200 or 2100 kg
lamborghinifan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-03-2014, 11:36 PM   #44
stavros68

I've changed camps not really and got a wm caprice v8 only reason why , no ltd or fairlanes . The only thing I HATE are the font pillars to wide .

Still got my ef 347 project tho.
stavros68 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-03-2014, 12:56 AM   #45
93EB_SXR6
I totalled my XR6

Quote:
Originally Posted by ash68 View Post
A true ford man would never even think of owning gm crap .just my opinion
A true car enthusiast would respect all makes.

Just my opinion.
Old 18-03-2014, 01:39 AM   #46
V8 Ghia Mike
Blue blooded Ford guy!

I can appreciate any decent car for what it is, but asking for most people's opinions on a Ford forum is going to result in a reasonably biased response...

Mike

94 EF Fairmont Ghia 5.0- XR8 in a tuxedo...
Bordeaux purple, Tickford kit, 2.5+ inch drop, EL Ghia chrome, leather, Pioneer sound, C&C, electric everything, 18" BA XR8's, ABS, LSD, GT40P's, Crane cam, ChipTorque ECU, XR8 snorkel, lots of woodgrain, chrome and interior lights.
V8 Ghia Mike is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-03-2014, 06:34 PM   #47
lamborghinifan

Quote:
Originally Posted by V8 Ghia Mike View Post
I can appreciate any decent car for what it is, but asking for most people's opinions on a Ford forum is going to result in a reasonably biased response...

Mike
We'll you'd think that, but the feedback has actually been very good, and not that biased really
lamborghinifan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post