Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Old 01-01-2006, 07:20 PM   #1
spope
Banned

Default Carpet cleaning!

Hello all.
I have in my kitchen at the moment a floor carpet out of an ED Ghia. I'm gonna whack it in my car, but I'd like to clean it really well before I do.
It is in very good nick, all things considered, no worn patches and the rubber section on the drivers side is intact - it's just very dirty.
Now, I've been over it very carefully with the vac, and got most of the dirt up.
But, there is obviously some ground in dirt, as there is a noticable colour difference in the areas where feet go.
So, does anyone have any advice on how to thoroughly clean it? Obviously a carpet cleaner of some description, do Scotchguard still make one? Or is there a better one available?
I've tried the polyglaze carpet cleaner before, which is ok, but the results aren't thrilling.
Any ideas appreciated! Keep in mind the carpet is not currently in the car, so I can be a lot more vigorous with it!

spope is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-01-2006, 07:27 PM   #2
Damo
Banned

hire one of those carpet cleaners, the steam cleaner things. Or if you wanna do it on the cheap take it outside and hose it down, then use some SURF or something and a soft broom and go nuts, that how ya clean rugs etc, then hose it clean and leave to dry.
Damo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-01-2006, 08:15 PM   #3
Stevo
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Or another way is high pressure it. If you dont have one, go down to your local car wash and spray it. Just make sure you do it on a sunny day and leave it out to dry.
Old 02-01-2006, 12:09 AM   #4
InitialD
Low and Loud

its a EB2 Ghia steven :P

Do what I said the other day and get yourself a carpet cleaner from the Safeway or Coles (as damo said)

While your at it, I need to do mine wanna go 1/2's?

1993 Ford Falcon XR6 Poly Green Stationwagon - 4.0 I6, Auto, 3:45LSD, All the usual XR6 Stuff but in a wagon :
InitialD is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-01-2006, 01:36 AM   #5
spope
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by InitialD
its a EB2 Ghia steven
Same difference. :P
It was cheap.

Well, i bought a can of scotchguard cleaner, managed to use the entire can just to do the floor carpet - it doesn't go very far - if i'm not happy with the results, i think i will hire one of those thingamies.
Old 02-01-2006, 01:49 AM   #6
InitialD
Low and Loud

Quote:
Originally Posted by spope
Same difference. :P
It was cheap.

Well, i bought a can of scotchguard cleaner, managed to use the entire can just to do the floor carpet - it doesn't go very far - if i'm not happy with the results, i think i will hire one of those thingamies.
it wont get that carpet clean enough, time to visit coles in the morning :

1993 Ford Falcon XR6 Poly Green Stationwagon - 4.0 I6, Auto, 3:45LSD, All the usual XR6 Stuff but in a wagon :
InitialD is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-01-2006, 06:51 AM   #7
NZ
~~~

I used to hang mine over a rail in the dairy and go nuts with the yard hose. Its amazing that when they look clean dirt still comes out.
NZ is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-01-2006, 05:49 PM   #8
spope
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by NZ
I used to hang mine over a rail in the dairy and go nuts with the yard hose. Its amazing that when they look clean dirt still comes out.
Now that's an idea! I'm gonna go try that now, except without the dairy bit.
Old 02-01-2006, 11:35 PM   #9
snypereb
[EBGLT]

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech article(s) 

Elbow grease mate get into it!!!!

Become an E-Series Owners Club Member Today!
http://eseries.com.au/index.php/membership/
snypereb is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post