Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 01-05-2013, 10:00 PM   #1
fiestakid
Starter Motor

Default coolant issues

hey guys i have a few quick questions im new to the ford world and especially the fiesta, ive always owned toyotas

anyway my partner has a 2006 wq fiesta ghia, the other morning her temp gauge shot up past the redline, she thought it was because her heater was on so she turned it off and temp dropped for a few mins but went.back up as she continued to work she.got to work with her gauge over 120° i went n sussed her car out and its out of coolant, but she said she had steam comming.from around her bottom radiator hose.

so.my question is could it be a split hose and its dropped its coolant or are there bigger problems?

i know.driving it at high temp is not ideal but im hoping its a simple solution

cheers for.the.advice in advance

fiestakid is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-05-2013, 10:27 PM   #2
Russ
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Contributor: For members who make a contribution worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Very helpful and gracious with photoshop work to help others.. 
Default Re: coolant issues

Easiest way to find out if it's leaking would be to refill the coolant and check for leaks. Hopefully it will only be a split or leaking hose. Depending on how bad the leak is, you may need to start the car first, let the temperature and pressure come up and then check it
Russ is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-05-2013, 10:46 PM   #3
fiestakid
Starter Motor

Default Re: coolant issues

yeh its completely empty so fill overflow and turn car on and bring it up to temp? and see if its leaking?
fiestakid is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post