Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-05-2013, 04:02 PM   #13
Ms_Jam

Default Re: WS Fiesta- kangaroo-ing

In what follows, please bear in mind that other contributors to this forum will probably know more than me.

But I had this problem - the engine cutting out soon after starting - after a service. Friends suggested that I should give it the Italian tune-up (pedal to the metal), but I didn't take their advice. I just doubted that the problem was in the fuel line. The Fiesta hardly ever is driven off main roads; and I use BP Ultimate 98 all the time, which I would hope is cleaner than some other options, and in addition it is said to have a good detergent in it anyway.

All I did was just let it idle a little longer than usual, and the problem went away.

For what it is worth, I suspect the problem had something to do with the car's computer. It is supposed to learning all the time, and maybe it had to relearn things after an adjustment was made. Pure speculation, of course.

But I have also noticed that after a country drive of a few hours (with some freeway and a few big hills), the engine purrs noticeably more happily. I guess that could be because it has burned up some rubbish inside, but I have not noticed this improvement with older vehicles. So again, I wonder whether the computer is responsible, doing its homework so to speak.
Ms_Jam is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post