Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Old 01-01-2006, 06:54 PM   #1
FTOGPX

Default leaking rocca cover gasket

Hey Guys

My rocca cover gasket on my EL Fairmont is weaping...slightly...I'm don't think thats a big deal right...however should be fixed eventually??

Also I read a lot on this site about Wade cams etc...Can anyone recommend a decent place in melb to take my EL if I want stuff done to it like this??

Thanks

Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-01-2006, 07:26 PM   #2
5L
[ 5L ]

not sure bout the cams but the leaking rocker cover is nothing to really worry bout and is an easy job to fix, there are worst one that pop up on the I6's like the timing cover
[ 5L ] 2001 AU series 2 xr8, 220kw, 5speed, leather interior, premium sound, narooma blue, cat back exhaust, k&n filter,willall edit,MSD coil packs, MSD leads, monroe gt gas shocks, superlow kingsprings 187rwkw (mainline)

www.ignitionimages.com
5L is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-01-2006, 07:32 PM   #3
FTOGPX

ta m8..actually I suspected as much and was getting it fixed anyway...

whats a good sign that the head has gone/cracked/looking bad?? Not that I have any issues with it just wondering how you can tell easily??
Old 01-01-2006, 07:37 PM   #4
5L
[ 5L ]

when i got my exhaust done on my old eb the bloke at the exhaust shop said the head was about to go coz there was a rusty looking stain coming from the head down the block where the exhaust manifold is.
[ 5L ] 2001 AU series 2 xr8, 220kw, 5speed, leather interior, premium sound, narooma blue, cat back exhaust, k&n filter,willall edit,MSD coil packs, MSD leads, monroe gt gas shocks, superlow kingsprings 187rwkw (mainline)

www.ignitionimages.com
5L is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-01-2006, 07:40 PM   #5
EBFalcs
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

if you look inside the oil filler cap and there's white ИИИИ inside it, it means your head is gone
EBFalcs is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-01-2006, 07:46 PM   #6
FTOGPX

ya guys...don't think I've seen any of that...which is good...

whats the white stuff anyway??

Its funny cos the other day I was drivihng another car from a dealer. When I got back my bonnet was up and there was white ИИИИ over the engine bay (which btw the car was serviced like 1 week earlier and hadn't been driven since and I had the bonet up a day eariler!) the guy said the car had overheated blah blah anyway I assumed he has simply opened up the radiator cap a bit and ИИИИ had come up and dried on the plastic parts...