Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Old 25-11-2005, 02:31 PM   #1
old_mate
Smash the Boost

Default need part number - ELGT gear boot

Hey people

as the title says i need a part number for the EL GT shifter boot thing. Can't find it on the parts database unfortunately.

Found a razo gearknob in my cupboard today, hopefully it'll fit on the stick

oh and on a totally unrelated matter, how hard is it to track down a clutch pedal and bushes? Apparently the mal wood clutch pin kit doesnt come with either

1971 Fairmont Sedan

1974 SWB F100

Keyboard Warrior - A Person who, being unable to express his anger through physical violence (owning to their physical weakness, lack of bravery and/or conviction in real life), instead manifests said emotions through the text-based medium of the internet, usually in the form of aggressive writing that the Keyboard Warrior would not (for reasons previously mentioned) be able to give form to in real life.
old_mate is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-11-2005, 02:51 PM   #2
Hunter
Ex EL Falcon

Hmm you're after the shifter boot? I had a look here at work in parts program and I can't see any individual part for the boot. You might have to buy the entire centre console assembly or possibly even the entire dash surround. Sometimes parts come only as an entire assembly. I'll ask the panel shop guys here at work and see if anyone knows.
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-11-2005, 02:57 PM   #3
old_mate
Smash the Boost

Thanks bloke

Im 100% sure u can just buy the boot, was around 20 bucks. But my ford guys want the part number, they cant find it (same problem you are having, only they wont ask anyone, they are lazy f*&kers)

1971 Fairmont Sedan

1974 SWB F100

Keyboard Warrior - A Person who, being unable to express his anger through physical violence (owning to their physical weakness, lack of bravery and/or conviction in real life), instead manifests said emotions through the text-based medium of the internet, usually in the form of aggressive writing that the Keyboard Warrior would not (for reasons previously mentioned) be able to give form to in real life.
Old 25-11-2005, 04:07 PM   #4
AUII_Forte
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

old_mate, you may be in luck. I think I have a pedal and a set of bushes in the shed at home!

Pacemaker 4490 Extractors
2.5" Exhaust
High Flow Cat
SS Inductions "Growler" CAI
Underdrive Pulley
Mal Wood H/D Clutch
Custom Tune
18" XHP Sabre's
12" Kicker Sub
169.2 rwkw
AUII_Forte is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-11-2005, 05:06 PM   #5
old_mate
Smash the Boost

sweet! Let me know.

I'll let you know about the clutch too monday

1971 Fairmont Sedan

1974 SWB F100

Old 25-11-2005, 05:39 PM   #6
Walkinshaw
Two > One

did i tell you lately that i hate you

Walkinshaw is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-11-2005, 11:30 PM   #7
old_mate
Smash the Boost

not lately dude haha

1971 Fairmont Sedan

1974 SWB F100

Old 26-11-2005, 12:31 AM   #8
woodstock_rocks

You can definitely buy the boot seperate. It's a black Leather boot.

the mal wood pin is only that. just a bolt thing that goes into the spare hole where the manual pedal box has the clutch pin. There are no bushes with the mal wood pin.

I'm not sure on the part number, but yeh, it was cheaper than a standard grey boot when i bought mine years ago .. around $20. The ford dealer rang head office and asked them why the hell the GT boot was cheaper. They had no idea :P
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-12-2005, 04:09 PM   #9
old_mate
Smash the Boost

Mr AUII_Forte i put some money into your account today it should clear by the morning. Why am I mining? Your inbox is full!! Can't send u my address

1971 Fairmont Sedan

1974 SWB F100