Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 18-11-2012, 09:35 PM   #1
tim_pato

Default cost on reprogaming a bcm. using suspenion parts from a damaged front end

i own a ded gas s2 tonner. i bought a rolled xr6 from the insurance auctions and put all the goodies inc the hp intech in my tonner. first q, how much does it cost to reprogram a bcm so the lights will work on the tickford dash? i will still need to reprogram the bcm if i put the xr bcm in my ded gas ute? it would be nice to have power windows, would i be able to swap the body harness out of the xr? if i do, and i used said xr's bcm, will i still have to get the bcm reprogrammed? or being the tight *** i am, can i just run a new relay and hook into the harness to turn the dash lights on when the parkers come on? the donor car took a hard enough hit on the front right rim to flip the car, i havnt used the suspension for fear it would be cactis, i am wright to assume this? i also have a vct motor and ecu/harness, can i modify the vct ecu/harness to run the gas system?

tim_pato is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-11-2012, 11:20 PM   #2
FGII-XR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: cost on reprogaming a bcm. using suspenion parts from a damaged front end

to make the dash lights work you need to do some rewiring send me a PM with your email and I'll send the diagram
Quote:
Originally Posted by tim_pato View Post
i own a ded gas s2 tonner. i bought a rolled xr6 from the insurance auctions and put all the goodies inc the hp intech in my tonner. first q, how much does it cost to reprogram a bcm so the lights will work on the tickford dash? i will still need to reprogram the bcm if i put the xr bcm in my ded gas ute? it would be nice to have power windows, would i be able to swap the body harness out of the xr? if i do, and i used said xr's bcm, will i still have to get the bcm reprogrammed? or being the tight *** i am, can i just run a new relay and hook into the harness to turn the dash lights on when the parkers come on? the donor car took a hard enough hit on the front right rim to flip the car, i havnt used the suspension for fear it would be cactis, i am wright to assume this? i also have a vct motor and ecu/harness, can i modify the vct ecu/harness to run the gas system?

"It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."

Start a new career as a bus driver

Rides:
FG2 XR6 stock at this stage but a very nice ride

xc 4 DOOR X CHASER 5.8 UNDER RESTO
FGII-XR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post: