Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 31-08-2012, 04:03 PM   #151
tapeworm
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Details emerge - VF Commodore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quicksand
Man how i wish this sentence was reversed, just once. It would be good to see Ford leading the pack.

The new VF (if those designs are accurate) looks....different. Definitely some global styling cues going on here. The green one looks very much cruze-ish to me. The red one in the car-advice article looks very american. I'm undecided at this stage. VE got branded as butt-ugly but it sells drastically more than the less aggressive looking Falcon. Maybe thats what people want at the moment.
I reckon a Commodore will outsell a Falcon no matter how bad it looks or how inferior it is - it's just the way average joe rolls in Australia....
tapeworm is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-08-2012, 05:33 PM   #152
Quicksand
Lucky, lucky bastard!

Sad but true. FG Falcon...most underrated car in the country? I think so...
Old 31-08-2012, 10:24 PM   #153
Bossxr8
Peter Car

By the looks of it they need to maker it uglier to sell to the yanks.
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-08-2012, 11:02 PM   #154
Brazen
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by tapeworm
I reckon a Commodore will outsell a Falcon no matter how bad it looks or how inferior it is - it's just the way average joe rolls in Australia....
FG looks too old, the worst thing to happen to FG was BA, They are too similar.
Brazen is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-08-2012, 11:05 PM   #155
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brazen
FG looks too old, the worst thing to happen to FG was BA, They are too similar.
Hmm I think Ford are still scarred by the AU..I dont think we will see a "cutting edge" design for a very long time.

But when you look at the Commy it has always been very plain...unfortunately Australian tastes are very middle of the road generally.
  • 1999 Lexus IS200 - 1G-FE Turbo 6MT
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
Polyal is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-08-2012, 11:08 PM   #156
Brazen
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polyal
Hmm I think Ford are still scarred by the AU..I dont think we will see a "cutting edge" design for a very long time.

But when you look at the Commy it has always been very plain...unfortunately Australian tastes are very middle of the road generally.
But the Commodore has evolved, BA and FG proportions are almost identical, even the graphics are similar (like headlights and taillights)
Brazen is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-08-2012, 11:30 PM   #157
BHDOGS
Banned

Yes the Holden design is totaly original thumbs down while taking a **** noise
BHDOGS is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-09-2012, 02:42 AM   #158
NX74205
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brazen
But the Commodore has evolved, BA and FG proportions are almost identical, even the graphics are similar (like headlights and taillights)
I disagree. The VE Commodore definitely has shades of VY-VZ in its design, in a similar way to how some can argue that the FG and BA/BF are similar (although I disagree - while the rear end of the FG might look remotely like a BA/BF if you squint hard enough, the front is vastly different. I've never mistook an FG for a BA/BF).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polyal
As for what the next Falcon will look like, I'm betting (or should that be hoping?) that it'll have a revised front, rear and interior styling to mimic global design themes as on the current Focus.
2005 Ford BF Fairmont (2006-2019)
1989 Ford EA Falcon GL (2000-2007)
1982 Ford KA Laser Ghia (1999-2000)
NX74205 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-09-2012, 04:10 AM   #159
Dave R

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Valued contributor especially in the FG threads. Offers help and information to all. Posts are always in a positive manner. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Road_Warrior
Well, you'd be mistaken on that count. Dunno about Forward Collision Warning and "mood lighting" (it's a car, not a nightclub) but the rest is a sure bet, along with adaptive cruise, lane departure warning nad of course, Sync.
Is there proof to back this up, or are you just speculating? Until the refresh is released in 2014 I'm not going to call anyone mistaken. However, from what Ford themselves have said, their budget is largely going towards economy, aero and emissions. Even if they do give it some of the features you claim it will have (I'm not holding my breath), the Commodore is still going to be more advanced unfortunately.
Dave R is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-09-2012, 11:02 AM   #160
Road_Warrior
Pity the fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrenaline
Is there proof to back this up, or are you just speculating? Until the refresh is released in 2014 I'm not going to call anyone mistaken. However, from what Ford themselves have said, their budget is largely going towards economy, aero and emissions. Even if they do give it some of the features you claim it will have (I'm not holding my breath), the Commodore is still going to be more advanced unfortunately.
The information is already out there. They've only just said this week Sync will be rolled out across the range of Australia-market Fords, and a recent system update to assembly and calibration processes at Broadmeadows means they will be able to calibrate the systems on cars that are made here. That's the BLIS and lane departure assist I'm referring to there.

I'll admit I'm speculating about adaptive cruise but given the fact that it is on several Euro and US Fords including the current Mondeo, it shouldn't be too much of a stretch.

Don't forget the $103 Million thrown in by Ford/Govco was purely for fuel efficiency dividends, was nothing to do with the MCE of the car itself. People see that and say, nup that's it, but that's incorrect.

1970 XW Falcon GT replica | 1970 XW Falcon | 1971 XY Fairmont | 1973 ZG Fairlane | 1986 XF Falcon panel van | 1987 XFII Falcon S-Pack | 1988 XF Falcon GLS ute | 1993 EBII Fairmont V8 | 1996 XG Falcon ute | 2000 AU Falcon wagon | 2004 BA Falcon XT | 2012 SZ Territory Titanium AWD

Proud to buy Australian and support Ford Australia through thick and thin
Road_Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-09-2012, 02:30 PM   #161
Joe5619
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrenaline
I think the proof is Ford announced they had updated their in-house software that would allow them to engineer such things. You don’t update soft, if you have no plans to use it!! We are also getting My Sync, so based on things we know as fact, the 2014 Falcon have all the latest tech it is currently missing. And to say the Commodore is still going to be more advanced (when both are still 12 months away) is speculating if I’ve ever seen it!!
Joe5619 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post