Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Old 07-12-2005, 10:31 AM   #1
fullysickeb
Starter Motor

Default eb series1 keyless entry

i have a spare remote for keyless entry, and i was just wondering if i can set it to work on my eb. it is the original ford keyless entry remote, and someone was saying you can config them to use on any ford :O
just wondering if its possible to do on mine, and how i would do it
cheers

fullysickeb is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-12-2005, 12:43 PM   #2
CruizinEB
Banned

the remotes work on EB1 up (That Has Smartlock) but if you train a new remote it will block the one that's working now and you can only train 3 remotes to one car, after that you need Ford to then entered a master code for it to retrain again, i hope this helps ;)
CruizinEB is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-12-2005, 12:52 PM   #3
DJL351
XR & FPV Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by fullysickeb
i have a spare remote for keyless entry, and i was just wondering if i can set it to work on my eb. it is the original ford keyless entry remote, and someone was saying you can config them to use on any ford :O
just wondering if its possible to do on mine, and how i would do it
cheers
If it is the black two button "smartlock" remote and your EB is a series 2 your sweet.

Turn the key to ACC, press the boot release button three times in five seconds and the door locks will cycle,
press one button on one remote and the door will cycle again. (repeat for more remotes) then turn key off.

Done.

D:
2005 BF GT (6sp manual - Build #183)
2015 SZ MkII Territory Titanium
2016.75 LZ Focus Sport

Quote:
probably the stupidist post on aff - congrats
Quote:
Originally Posted by flappist
There was once a time when every young man in this country was familiar with firearms and many owned them privately along with a stock of ammo and some bush gear.

Now the best we can hope for is to unfriend them on facebook then SMS their commanders with !!!1!!!!!!11!1!! and then finally plank a tank.......
DJL351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-12-2005, 12:53 PM   #4
BuuBox

EB1 didn't have Smartlock. It was only introduced in the EB Series 2, and even then only after a specific month. The Smartlock remote will work on any Smartlock equiped Ford, but not your EB Series 1.
BuuBox is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-12-2005, 12:56 PM   #5
CruizinEB
Banned

there were a prototype in the EB1 just before the series 2 release ;)
CruizinEB is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-12-2005, 12:14 PM   #6
fullysickeb
Starter Motor

If it is the black two button "smartlock" remote and your EB is a series 2 your sweet.

Turn the key to ACC, press the boot release button three times in five seconds and the door locks will cycle,
press one button on one remote and the door will cycle again. (repeat for more remotes) then turn key off.

Done.

but thats for series 2
what about series 1. it is a spare smart lock

any ideas
cheers
Old 08-12-2005, 12:18 PM   #7
AUII_Forte
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Definately won't work with an EB ser 1. They don't even have the smartlock module to run remote locking.

Pacemaker 4490 Extractors
2.5" Exhaust
High Flow Cat
SS Inductions "Growler" CAI
Underdrive Pulley
Mal Wood H/D Clutch
Custom Tune
18" XHP Sabre's
12" Kicker Sub
169.2 rwkw
AUII_Forte is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-12-2005, 06:18 PM   #8
efgiar
rofl copter

while we are on the subject, how do i get 2 remotes working at the same time? so one is a spare i can leave at home just incase i loose the other one

thats all
efgiar is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-12-2005, 06:33 PM   #9
DJL351
XR & FPV Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by efgiar
while we are on the subject, how do i get 2 remotes working at the same time? so one is a spare i can leave at home just incase i loose the other one
Same process..... but instead of the boot release button.... yours is the rear demist button.

D:
2005 BF GT (6sp manual - Build #183)
2015 SZ MkII Territory Titanium
2016.75 LZ Focus Sport

Quote:
probably the stupidist post on aff - congrats
Quote:
Originally Posted by flappist
There was once a time when every young man in this country was familiar with firearms and many owned them privately along with a stock of ammo and some bush gear.

Now the best we can hope for is to unfriend them on facebook then SMS their commanders with !!!1!!!!!!11!1!! and then finally plank a tank.......
DJL351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-12-2005, 09:51 PM   #10
fullysickeb
Starter Motor

so it cant be dont on s1 eb?