Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Old 21-11-2005, 11:42 AM   #1
vegabass
BASS ON BOARD!

Default Stalling

Hi fellas just need to know if this is a common problem,
I have finished the T5 conversion and have wired up the resistors and the linear pot to the auto ECU. now it stalls when pulling up to a stop. the revs will fall and it will become realy rough.....then stops.

i know drive is ment to be 2.5V (in the pot) but my car wouldnt idle so i had to put it to 3.9v for it to be happy.

any ideas?
Would a after market management system or a Chiptorque chip fix this?

any help you be great thanks guys

Old 21-11-2005, 11:51 AM   #2
oneredED
need more boost

I have yet wire up anything on mine other than the speedo wires and earthing the starter relay... and it runs fine :P We'll have to wait and see what happens when i cam+extractors it...
Stops due to: bendix, DBA
Shifter connected to: T5 manual
Power from: ???
Interior: velour and woodgrain
Cost: stuff all :P
oneredED is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-11-2005, 12:13 PM   #3
vegabass
BASS ON BOARD!

Yeah mine runs fine as well it will sitt all day and idle happy!

just for example pulling up to stop as a set of lights and pop it back to 2nd.....then a few meters from the stop line you put the clutch in and thats when it gets upset and stalls.

so i think i will speak with chiptorque or JMM to see which is the best way to go to fix the issue.
Old 21-11-2005, 12:26 PM   #4
DUMTEF
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

i had a similar problem after fitting a new motor and a 5 speed in my old ea, and it ended up being the map sensor from what the mechanic told me
DUMTEF is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post