Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 12-06-2011, 03:53 AM   #61
onfire
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Stupid Question - Why do user "blank" out their number plates?

Quote:
Originally Posted by brad`
i dont understand this... privacy? there is no such things, if things are keeped private how come some f-wit from india trying to sell me a home load knows all my info including my name, girlfriends name, phone number, adress.. etc etc,
I guess it's, controlling the controllable.

Oh, and you probably made the mistake of signing up with any number of multi-national organizations, corporations and / or service providers. Hence why some guy in India knows your name and details.
onfire is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-06-2011, 11:11 AM   #62
FgNewbie
Australia

Quote:
i dont understand this... privacy? there is no such things, if things are keeped private how come some f-wit from india trying to sell me a home load knows all my info including my name, girlfriends name, phone number, adress.. etc etc,

end of the day its why u got insurance, they steal it, racv, aami etc etc replace it, no point in worrying if someone seen ur plates or something pluse... 99% of the time ppl black out there number plates but not he rego sticker on the fron winodw that says threre rego? lol
For a salesperson to have your girlfriend's name makes me wonder who (and how) you provided it to.

Generally speaking, it's great to rely on insurance but minimising the risk of an incident minimises risk of increased premiums and inconvenience too.

I have a pet hate with flippant "worrying". You may not care but some may be aware. Aware of what is the question. I'd ask some rhetorical questions except they are off topic.

99% of the time I can't read the rego sticker in the photos I see.
FgNewbie is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-06-2011, 11:27 AM   #63
gtxb67
moderator ford coupe club

Quote:

end of the day its why u got insurance, they steal it, racv, aami etc etc replace it, no point in worrying if someone seen ur plates or something pluse... 99% of the time ppl black out there number plates but not he rego sticker on the fron winodw that says threre rego? lol
once again, i realise if someone wants the car, they will get it. i however will not make it easier for them. no matter where the car stays at any given time it is never kept outside (not just for google maps, but so no ones neighbours can see it either). generally in photos you cannot read the rego sticker, but most times i do blank them out. when the coupe is on display, i have novelty plates and tape over the rego sticker or a pic of the car over it

insurance doesn't come into it - how the hell can a car be replaced that was not only owned for 24+ years, but was dreamed of for the previous 14 years from the age of 4

it may come as a surprise to some, but some of us do not consider the worth of the car we own - it is only the sentimental value to us. i would rather coupes be worth $500 or less, because mine is not for sale - and if it was worth that little, no one would try stealing it
gtxb67 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-06-2011, 06:07 PM   #64
Ryan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

My original method of plate blocking.

I haven't blocked my plates for a good 7 years. It's a VL for christ sake. It sticks like dog's......
Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-06-2011, 07:08 PM   #65
xisled
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Above pic LMAO.
xisled is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-06-2011, 07:31 PM   #66
Bucknaked
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I think this thread and this one are related http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11294204

Just kidding.
Bucknaked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-08-2011, 01:09 PM   #67
Ford17
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

From today's news - Numberplates indirectly provide owner's address details to crime gangs
Ford17 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-08-2011, 01:41 PM   #68
Zero_PSI
Banned

I usually do it just for a peice of mind. If I take photo's on cruises I always blank everyones number plate, just in case.
Zero_PSI is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-08-2011, 01:46 PM   #69
StrokedXT
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by stang65
Good on him he may have even saved someone elses life if you can`t keep your car in roadworthy condition, it shouldn`t be on the road.
It was all about aftermarket suspension, suspension that would make the car safer in anyone with a clues eyes. Just because it's illegal doesn't make it unsafe.

A stock cherokee with leafs and tiny control arms vs coils all round and custom long arms - I know which one I'd rather have my family in.

The guy was a jealous do gooder toss pot, I hated the person who got done over but felt for him.
StrokedXT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post