Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 21-10-2005, 06:26 PM   #1
FordFan86
meow

Default SA licensing get tougher.

About time aswell, see here:
http://www.transport.sa.gov.au/news_...ing_scheme.asp

FordFan86 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-10-2005, 10:53 PM   #2
eb91xr6
V8 Ute V8 Boat

some of the rules are a bit stupid though i got done for 71 in a 60 $154 fine for the speed. then $66 for breach of conditions another $80 to get my licence back in court.now i have to attend adriver safty cource at my expence $32 then licence reprinting @ $33. thats all from doing 71 in a 60 thats around $432 this was 4 months ago and its probly gone up since then
eb91xr6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-10-2005, 11:43 PM   #3
XD-Machine
proud xd owner

wtf thats is stpuid. Is it like that in nsw??

My XD's progress http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=20847
XD-Machine is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-10-2005, 04:28 PM   #4
FordFan86
meow

Quote:
Originally Posted by eb91xr6
some of the rules are a bit stupid though i got done for 71 in a 60 $154 fine for the speed. then $66 for breach of conditions another $80 to get my licence back in court.now i have to attend adriver safty cource at my expence $32 then licence reprinting @ $33. thats all from doing 71 in a 60 thats around $432 this was 4 months ago and its probly gone up since then
Hah. It's your own fault. Yes, it's also my fault i got done, with costs exceeding $1000 for various offences, courts costs etc... (No alcohol related offences)
FordFan86 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-10-2005, 09:35 PM   #5
MO
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

They've still missed the point...give l/p platers some proper driver training courses which they have to pass before going to the next stage of licencing...it is so simple and cost effective compared to the medical costs of car prangs.

I'm at a loss as to explain why govt don't do this...yes one still has to drive in everyday traffic but why the hell can't the l/p platers be given defensive driver training?

It will not turn them into hoons but help them to understand and hopefully avoid bad situations.

The more I know ppl the more I love my DOGS.
2011 SY Territory Limited Edition TS
2000 AUII SE ute IL6
MO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-10-2005, 09:50 PM   #6
vztrt
IWCMOGTVM Club Supporter

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: vztrt is one of the most consistent and respected contributors to AFF, I have found his contributions are most useful to discussion as well as answering members queries. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by John McMaster
They've still missed the point...give l/p platers some proper driver training courses which they have to pass before going to the next stage of licencing...it is so simple and cost effective compared to the medical costs of car prangs.

I'm at a loss as to explain why govt don't do this...yes one still has to drive in everyday traffic but why the hell can't the l/p platers be given defensive driver training?

It will not turn them into hoons but help them to understand and hopefully avoid bad situations.

I agree

There's a big difference between driving with someone acting as a second set of eyes, and driving on your own.
I love how they are putting so much emphasis on computer simulation! It's the biggest load of crap. There is no depth perception on a 2D screen. How bout making it harder to pass your driving test instead of touching a screen after counting to two (this is how I passed my comp simulation).
vztrt is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-10-2005, 11:12 PM   #7
EBII Fairmont
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Totally agree VZTRT,

I don't get it how easy it is to pass your license test. It's like their pretty much giving them to us, because they know another car will be registered, so we have to give them money there, and they know a lot of young people are going to break the law, and therefore can cash in that way. It should be a much strickter process. From what everyone tells me i am a safe driver and i am hoping it is true. But one of my mates thinks he is the best. He went to do a u-turn and nearly hit a parked car. If i didn't scream out to him, he would have hit. When i said that this individual shouldn't be allowed to drive on our trip early next year along the east cost, people got cut because we would have to find someone else to drive. Id rather find other people than have this one idiot kill himself and the passenegers he is carrying.
EBII Fairmont is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post