Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 31-03-2011, 10:41 AM   #1
BradZ
I'm still alive

Default Anyone Listen to 1332 3SH At About 8:30? Disgusting!

On the way home today, was listenting to 1332 3SH and a particular story come on which interested me, so i started listening and this is what i got.

A 9yr old disabled boy was found alone at a lake by himself at 9pm last night. After a lady found him she alerted the police, and the DHS (Department Of Human Services) and found out the child was supposed to be under the care of DHS in that area. The police came and found the child who was extremely distressed so they made several attempts to contact the DHS with no luck. After time had passed and the child had gotten even more distressed, they got in contact with the nominated carer.

They let the person know what had happened, the person (whom was obviously well aware) was then asked by the cops to take the child home, they replied with, "Oh, but its knock off time, you can take him". So the child was delivered home by the police safe and sound. The police then contacted that carer again to get information on what had happened. They discovered that the child had been part of an excursion earlier that day and after he become frightened and ran off, the carer called their supervisor who said plainly " Leave him there". So they did.

I for one find this to be absolutely disgusting, that carer and the supervisor need to be punished severly, possibly even charged with some form of child abuse. I for one would not be leaving my goldfish in the hands of these people.

EDIT: To make matters worse, the supervisor said that area was too dangerous for staff to be around at night because of crime, so they decided they should just leave the child there!

Visual
-Lowered on SSSL's
-5000k Headlight conversion
-DJR Bobtail
-Darkest legal tint
-Tinted taillights

Audio
-Ford Premium Sound
-Pioneer 1000W 12'' Sub
-Pioneer Class D Digital 800W Amp

Performance
-Custom Cold Air Intake

Build Thread http://fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11344773
BradZ is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-03-2011, 11:23 AM   #2
prydey
Rob

Default Re: Anyone Listen to 1332 3SH At About 8:30? Disgusting!

http://www.news.com.au/breaking-news...-1226031201753
prydey is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-03-2011, 11:28 AM   #3
TUF_302
The Vengeful One
Donating Member1

I'm at a loss!! How could someone be so cruel!!!
Old 31-03-2011, 12:13 PM   #4
BradZ
I'm still alive

Knew it'd be on the news somewhere.
Here you go.

VICTORIA Premier Ted Baillieu will order an investigation after it was revealed a nine-year-old boy had been abandoned in a park at night because it was unsafe for a DHS worker to stay with him.
The boy was left wandering around the lake in the dark until a passer-by noticed him and called police, 3AW's Neil Mitchell reported this morning, reported the Herald Sun.

Details leaked to the radio station piece together the night of February 25, when a group of children under the care of DHS were taken to Coburg Lake on an outing.

The nine-year-old apparently didn’t want to leave the lake when it was time to leave, Mitchell said, and DHS workers were instructed by their supervisor to leave him there.

Police called the DHS unit involved but a worker told officers they were knocking off and police should take him home.

Police quizzed staff at the boy’s home as to why they had left the boy at the lake and not bothered to pick him up.

The staff reportedly said it was too dangerous for a worker to stay at the lake at that time of night, Mitchell said.

Responding to the shocking case on Radio 3AW today, Mr Baillieu said he had ordered an investigation into the case as soon as he was alerted to it.

“(It) is absolutely unacceptable. We will be conducting an investigation into this and dealing with the consequences,” he said this morning.

“Anyone in control or guardian, parent or otherwise of a nine-year-old should not leave a nine-year-old in the dark.”

Mr Baillieu said workers who left children unattended at night shouldn’t be in positions of trust and authority

Visual
-Lowered on SSSL's
-5000k Headlight conversion
-DJR Bobtail
-Darkest legal tint
-Tinted taillights

Audio
-Ford Premium Sound
-Pioneer 1000W 12'' Sub
-Pioneer Class D Digital 800W Amp

Performance
-Custom Cold Air Intake

Build Thread http://fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11344773
BradZ is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-03-2011, 12:51 PM   #5
outside
off in outer space

as a father of an autistic son, im just lost for words
Old 31-03-2011, 01:18 PM   #6
ltd
Force Fed Fords

I hope the careless bastards are without jobs very very soon. I also hope they're charged with criminal neglect.

Quote: