The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 17-03-2011, 10:01 AM   #1
csv8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Exclamation Hint of MY14 VF Commodore in new Cruze

Hint of MY14 VF Commodore in new Cruze
Toby Hagon
March 17, 2011 - 7:51AM

The locally produced Holden Cruze has styling tweaks that give a vague clue to the upcoming Model Year 2014 VY Commodore due in 2013.

Look closely at Holden’s updated Cruze small car and you may get a sneak peek at the new VF Commodore due in two years.

The new locally made Holden Cruze gives the slightest of hints to the new VY Commodore that’s due in 2013.

Known internally at the MY14 Commodore – for model year 2014 – the new Commodore is expected to get heavily revised styling while maintaining the doors and windows of the existing VE model that went on sale in 2006.

Styling for the new MY14 VE Commodore was recently signed off by General Motors design boss Ed Wellburn, who claims it is “the absolute right Commodore for that market”.

Speaking at the launch of the new Holden Cruze Series 2 – the first small car to be produced in Australia since 1998 – Holden design boss Tony Stolfo said there was a clue to the look of the new Commodore.

“You’ll see a hard edge on that rear corner [of the new Cruze]… [which] is to give you clues to where the model year 14 Commodore [is heading]… [and] the distinct styling we’ll drive into that vehicle.”

Stolfo didn’t elaborate but reinforced that the design tweaks made to the Cruze – predominantly new bumpers and a revised mesh grille that places a greater emphasis on the Holden lion badge – were to bring the car into line with current and future Holden models.

Holden chairman and managing director Mike Devereux refused to elaborate on the upcoming new VF Commodore.

“Ed Welburn, Tony Stolfo have said all that we really want to say about future Commodores,” he said. “What they’ve said is about all we want to say.”

However, Devereux says the new VF Commodore will continue Holden’s push towards better fuel efficiency through lighter components and materials and smarter design.

Old 17-03-2011, 11:01 AM   #2
barra265t
Banned

Default Re: Hint of MY14 VF Commodore in new Cruze

The new VY Commodore that’s due in 2013? running out of model codes.
barra265t is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-03-2011, 11:15 AM   #3
DJM83
Barra Turbo > V8
Donating Member3

The plebs will buy it...
Old 17-03-2011, 11:16 AM   #4
bigdude1011

TL : DR Delete me