Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 06-12-2010, 10:17 PM   #1
bb_zetec

Default New 2009 LV Focus Owner...Queries

Hi Guys,

I've just got my hands on a Apr 2009 Build LV Focus Zetec in Black! Love the car,

I've got a few queries...is there meant to be a cupholder in the rear..i've got the fold down armrest in the centre of the rear seat...but no cupholder! I asked Ford today and they indicated that the cup holder is not available in the Australian market delivered Focus....although i wonder if it comes in the LV Mark II...i saw one today at Ford but it was all covered up in plastic so i couldnt take a squizz....

Also...i've got the Ford indash 6 cd car audio system, and the usb in the centre console bin doesnt seem to work..ive tried a few usb keys, two ipods and an iphone..and i get "Not Recognised" with a USB logo when i try and use it....The AUX Line In works, but i cant control the iPod using that. I am using the genuine Ford Y cable and still not getting any luck with it!

Other than that im still finding my way round the car, i've already got myself a chrome handbrake cover, boot mat and the scuff plates....what next!

Cheers!

bb_zetec is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-12-2010, 11:32 PM   #2
rand0mn00b

can't comment on the sound system, but my LT Zetec sedan has rear cupholders in the armrest however they're so bloody big that they're next to useless at holding cups.

FYI they hold tubs of hair product rather well as well as oil of olay and other similarly sized containers (for the missus of course ;)
rand0mn00b is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-12-2010, 10:13 AM   #3
entheos

Quote:
Originally Posted by bb_zetec
Hi Guys,

I've just got my hands on a Apr 2009 Build LV Focus Zetec in Black! Love the car,

I've got a few queries...is there meant to be a cupholder in the rear..i've got the fold down armrest in the centre of the rear seat...but no cupholder! I asked Ford today and they indicated that the cup holder is not available in the Australian market delivered Focus....although i wonder if it comes in the LV Mark II...i saw one today at Ford but it was all covered up in plastic so i couldnt take a squizz....

Also...i've got the Ford indash 6 cd car audio system, and the usb in the centre console bin doesnt seem to work..ive tried a few usb keys, two ipods and an iphone..and i get "Not Recognised" with a USB logo when i try and use it....The AUX Line In works, but i cant control the iPod using that. I am using the genuine Ford Y cable and still not getting any luck with it!

Other than that im still finding my way round the car, i've already got myself a chrome handbrake cover, boot mat and the scuff plates....what next!

Cheers!
Nah mate. No cup holders in the back for the rear passengers....they just have to hold their drinks....however there should be no eating/drinking in the car anyway. ;)

As far as the sound system. it doesn't sound right, but I do know that iPods can be a little tempremental in these cars. That said, it sounds like yours is more than just a tempremental iPod. I'd drop into the dealership and get them to look at it quickly...they should be able to tell you straight away if it's normal or not, and it doesn't sound normal. :P
Old 07-12-2010, 12:10 PM   #4
bb_zetec

Thanks Guys for the feedback..my neighbour has a Zetec too, i've asked him to take a look at his rear armrest for interest...but yes no eating/drinking allowed in the car!

I've booked into Ford tomorrow to get the USB checked out...will post the outcome.

Cheers
Old 09-12-2010, 10:56 AM   #5
bb_zetec

The prognosis on the sound system was that the USB cable at the back of the head unit was not plugged in!

Reconnected and now USB works again.
Old 09-12-2010, 11:49 AM   #6
entheos

Quote:
Originally Posted by bb_zetec
The prognosis on the sound system was that the USB cable at the back of the head unit was not plugged in!

Reconnected and now USB works again.
ha ha ha...awsome...glad to hear it was a simple fix!