Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 23-10-2010, 02:07 PM   #1
BA2003
BA XR6

Smile Its Custom Time With Great Service to suit !!!

Hi All,

After alot of umming and arrging I decided it was time to modify my pride and joy. (P.S Sweetheart if you read this Im sorry but the car comes first. Only joking. A little. )

So I set off on my quest. The first thing though before getting too carried away was to decide what had to be down and how much coin it was going to cost. (And to convince the ball and chain there will be a xmas after all this was done.)

So after a some research I decided on the following,

- 19" Rims and low profile tyres, Supplied by Bob Jane in Dandenong. Cost me around $1950 all up with lock nuts

-SL Kings springs, 2.5" Stainless Mandrel bend pacemaker Exhaust, High Flow cat and competition pacemaker extractors, 83 deg thermostat, LSD Diff all supplied and fitted by Motorsport Essentials (03) 9562 1005 Dean. Top Bloke , took 30 mins to come back to me with a price and booked me in the next day. All up cost me around $2500.

- Custom Dyno Tune and Service by ICES Performance John (03) 9763 8854. The bloke knows his stuff and will tell you if he thinks something should be done or isnt right. Also he doesn't ping your car to get a number, he makes sure to get the best result that is right and suited to your car. Cost me around $1200 for Dyno and $250 for major service.

Before the tune I was getting 133 RWKW, after I manage 164 RWKW which I think is around 215 at the fly. So all in all for a 2003 XR6 im pretty wrapped. John at ICES will be putting my car up on youtube whilst doing the Dyno run So ill post it up once its online.

So inclusion it was definitely worth the money and with such great service from blokes who knew their stuff it was a seamless journey. Now time for a 1/4 mile run at calder. Oh and as for the misus she thinks the car makes too much noise but I think Im slowly persuading her thinking. Wish me luck !!!

2.5" Stainless Mandrel Bend Pacemaker Cat Back Sports Exhaust, 83 Deg Thermo, 19" Rims, Tinted Windows, Black Altezza Tail Lights, XR6T Snorkel, F6 Tyfoon Secondary Intake Snorkel, Slotted and drilled RDA Rotors, 2.5" Venom High Flow Cat, Pacemaker Competition Extractors, SL King Springs, LSD 3.45 Diff. Dyno Tuned by ICES Performance (03) 9763 8854 = 164 RWKW
BA2003 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post