Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 20-10-2010, 10:49 AM   #1
Jason[98.EL]
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Victorian police have successfully served an intervention order on Facebook

wow how far will things go

Quote:
Victorian police have successfully served an intervention order on Facebook.

Last month police were asked to assist in the service of an intervention order where an individual was being bullied via Facebook.

Leading Senior Constable Stuart Walton had tried to serve the order at the man's last known address and had tried to contact him by phone.

He looked into serving the order on Facebook as a valid and legitimate way to get in touch with the man.

Subsequently, strict conditions were placed on the serving of the interim intervention order through the Facebook.

All papers, including the interim intervention order, the extract, explanation and contacts were transcribed was typed out into private messages and sent to his account.

A video was recorded of Leading Sen Const Walton reading the interim order as if the accused man was being directly spoken to and served.

Leading Sen Const Walton finally succeeded in making contact with the man after the final order was served.

The man said he had read both the order on the social media website and would delete his Facebook profile.

"Internet bullying, stalking and intimidation are taken very seriously by police," Leading Sen Const Walton said.

"In this instance we were able to deliver justice through the same medium as the crime committed.

"This method complied with the law and we delivered the best outcome possible for the affected person."

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Jason[98.EL] is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-10-2010, 11:39 AM   #2
pottery beige
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

goodstuff.. you can run but you cant hide...... suffer in ya jocks internerd tough guy.....
pottery beige is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-10-2010, 11:54 AM   #3
Fled74
The Thread Killa

Good on them. Cyber-bullying is a serious issue, and hopefully this will make bullies think twice.

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." - Aristotle
Fled74 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-10-2010, 02:46 PM   #4
XR6_661
Cane Farmer

Facebook. Seriously.

And the end to cyber bullying is only a block button away.

The world is backwards.

1994 ED XR6T - Cobalt Blue.

2009 FG XR6 - Black.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex
I couldn't give a crap how many are in their family, what gay passtimes they paticipate in, or whether they have a cat, dog or a freaken fish.

Keep your stinking family to yourself god damn it.
XR6_661 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-10-2010, 04:50 PM   #5
fmc351
let it burn

Quote:
Originally Posted by XR6_661
Facebook. Seriously.

And the end to cyber bullying is only a block button away.

The world is backwards.
True, and in real life situations a person could just move or stay inside. But they shouldnt have too, thats really the point.

I get it Ive posted on flame forums for years, some people are way to sensitive over things typed on screens. But then some people really do make a massive effort to taunt someone. Look at the article the other day where some vapid trailer trash blonde bimbo (US) was taunting a 7 yr old girl who has a teminal illness, and her mother had recently died from the same disease. Couple of sites made it their business to go after said bimbo and make her life hell, one got a sample of what she deserved, the other was just heartless. Id type what I really think about said blonde but it would get me the banzored. Lets just say she should sexually interacted with and then burnt.
fmc351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-10-2010, 11:28 AM   #6
DivHunter
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Yeah, I can't see this kind of stupidity abused at all. Mostly because everyone takes security on social media sites so seriously.
Speed cameras have changed the things we pay attention to and the things we regard as important. Instead of focusing on the dangers ahead, motorists feel that they have been relieved of responsibility for managing their own driving, and have ceded it instead to the mechanical intervention of the camera and other traffic signals.
DivHunter is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-10-2010, 11:35 AM   #7
Scott

Quote:
"In this instance we were able to deliver justice through the same medium as the crime committed."
I wonder if a good rodgering with a bat in the bum is a "same medium" they could use for rapists?
Scott is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-10-2010, 11:41 AM   #8
msman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTP006
I wonder if a good rodgering with a bat in the bum is a "same medium" they could use for rapists?
second that.

the laws will need to be looked at if the want to go this way.
how do they prove the right person read/saw the order?? lucky this time as the guy **** his dacks and owned up.

good thinking all the same, it did what they needed and the idiot got the point.
msman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-10-2010, 11:43 AM   #9
Linkachu
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

As I've been saying for 2 years. Facebook is going to take over the world along side Google.
Linkachu is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-10-2010, 07:41 PM   #10
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Cyber bullying? Its called a block button, seriously, we had to do all this crap in IT through year 11 and 12 about cyber bullying.

Internet isn't serious business, as they say.
Franco Cozzo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-10-2010, 09:21 PM   #11
Bobman
Regulator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linkachu
As I've been saying for 2 years. Facebook is going to take over the world along side Google.
That's what they said about Myspace and we know how that's ended up now! :P

Current Cars:
2000 AU2 Fairmont (2019-current)
2003 BA1 Falcon Divvy Van (2017-current)
2009 VW Mk6 Golf 118TSi (2020-current)
Previous Cars:
2003 MCX10R Avalon VXi (2017-2020)
1995 EF1 Falcon GLi (2016-2019)
1997 XH2 Falcon Van OPT20 (2016-2019)
2006 BF Fairlane Ghia (2013-2018)
2001 AU3 Futura (2010-2013)
1996 EL Fairmont (2008-2010)
2004 BA XR6 (2005-2008)
2001 AU2 Forte (2005-2006)
1988 EA Fairmont Ghia (2003-2005)
1984 AR Telstar TX5 Ghia (2001-2005)
Bobman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-10-2010, 12:34 AM   #12
fordOwner
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Never used Facebook - dont even know what the website looks like.
If my friends want to know what im up to then email me, ring me or knock on my door.

If strangers want to know what im up to or view my private life then sodd off and mind your own business.

Click here to see my ute
fordOwner is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-10-2010, 12:47 AM   #13
Linkachu
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Facebook is more popular than myspace due to the fact it was set at all age groups "to keep in contact" Not just post comments to each other.
Linkachu is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post