Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 19-09-2010, 04:35 PM   #1
888-Ford
Citric Ford

Question AU Mid range Vs High range Audio system

Hi all, I have a AUIII Rebel that I think has a mid-range audio system installed, I put a 8' subwoofer in it today but it's not working, the wiring for the subby is there, but I suspect that this stereo is only a mid-range edition and therefor wont have the programing and/or the capability to drive the subby, does anyone know if it's
1. Possible to reprogram the stereo to high range features
2. Get this stereo to run the subby I've installed if it's not possible to reprogram it
3. If the amplifier that was factory installed into the boot quarter panel for the mid-range audio system will run a subby.... and finally
4. If none of the above will work does anyone have a high range AU Factory stereo and amplifier that they would like to sell.
Thanx

888-Ford is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-09-2010, 09:59 PM   #2
brad`
The Monty

the head unit is isnt the problem its the same for all models reguardless off the premium sound or not.

the amp is only avaliable is running a sub to, so there must have been one there previously

how do u have the sub set-up/wired?
brad` is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-09-2010, 12:02 AM   #3
robbyj
Rob

Yea id be looking into the wiring as well as a problem.
Do you have the stock head unit in?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 888-Ford
the wiring for the subby is there
I'm thinking weather the amp has a RCA cable running to the port on the headunit. I'm not entirly sure, but if it came stock with no sub, perhaps they didnt have a RCA cable running.. as it would be running to nothing??
robbyj is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-09-2010, 12:36 AM   #4
JK EX CHASER
Formally kotevski22

If you have a amp there should be two wires for the sub coming out of the amp.There is more info in audio and trim section.
JK EX CHASER is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-09-2010, 11:54 PM   #5
888-Ford
Citric Ford

Thanks for the info, I'll check it out ASAP

This car did'nt have a subby before I installed one, so not even sure if it has a amp....
If it does'nt then that would expain a lot
888-Ford is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-09-2010, 12:34 AM   #6
robbyj
Rob

haha, yea that might help. whats the RMS watt of the sub you put in? and i presume you mounted it on the pastel shelf as you got an 8" sub?
robbyj is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post