Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 06-08-2010, 01:50 PM   #1
soulink

Default Cam and tune in a series 2 EGAS AU

Hey guys,

Poelwyk has been on my case about getting a cam and tune in my AU.
Its allready got a full exhaust with extractors n high flow cat, and the bigger air intake.

Now am i looking at a nice gain in power with the cam and tune? or not realy worth it?

Anyway tax man is being nice this year so was just wondering and if so what cam would be best ?

Thanks

soulink is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-08-2010, 04:56 PM   #2
Mr Hardware
Flairs - Truckers Delight

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: The excellent how to on LPG jet cleaning. 

Read up on posts by Mechan1k - iirc he is the only one who has bothered to put a cam in an egas to date.
Old 06-08-2010, 06:39 PM   #3
ayeyew
Teh Baest

Mechanik had the gas version of the cam which i have in my car (through Joe @ Crescent motors) his power curve was identical to mine down low, but due to the restrictor or something peak power was significantly lower (approx 120rwkw iirc)
He had it for a couple of years and he said he had no problems at all.
You would definately notice a nice gain in down low torque if its dialled in correctly.

Coming..CMS Stg2A Cam, 68mm TB
Later.. 4.5L w/ BOOOOOOOOOOST or XR6T or AUIII XR8 220

Currently:
151kW (165 on other dynos )
ayeyew is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-08-2010, 06:53 PM   #4
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Brings a wealth of knowledge to the forums and is frequently giving helpful advice. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical information. 

I had Joe's cam in for a couple of years without issues ... no lifter noise either ... awesome lope at idle (not too crazy).

Joe now has auto versions of this cam as well. The good thing with the EGAS is that the ECU didn't really "need" an edit like the petrol versions .... but it would make more gains I'd say it is was edited as well.

Mine was still running on the factory tune ... and low-down torque was much better ... and so was low-mid rev drivability. Hills were easier to negotiate without kicking back the auto as much as it did prior to the cam.

It was a nice mod ... as long as exhaust and intake mods were done as well.

If i had kept the ute longer ... I would have put 3.7's in the rear as I felt the 3.23's were way too long for the 4-speed auto.
Mechan1k is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-08-2010, 07:44 PM   #5
Stattic
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Would love to have an egas with a mild cam and a stall, imagine the take offs
256rwkw

BA manual Typhoon
Fully optioned, 340rwkw@16psi (thanks Bluepower)!

The old ride....
AU Fairmont, cammed beast, R.I.P you made my p plate years bearable!
150.8rwkw courtesy BPR
Stattic is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-08-2010, 07:45 PM   #6
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Brings a wealth of knowledge to the forums and is frequently giving helpful advice. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical information. 

I was never tempted to get a stall ... as I used to tow a fair bit ... but it would be fun though.
Mechan1k is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post