Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 23-06-2010, 08:07 PM   #31
boss 300

rta,the big monster created by the own government; bunch of mermaids;c...ts whit scale
Old 23-06-2010, 08:07 PM   #32
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaydee
Statute of limitations here in WA is 6 months for minor traffic offences and 2 years from memory for driving without a license.
I would say they wouldn't prosecute this due to the time involved and not in the public interest.
Oh they dont prosecute, they just cancel my license. Which could be kind've awkward when I run 900km gauntlet of HP and RTA inspectors every night

Got it in one MO.

Last edited by GasoLane; 23-06-2010 at 08:08 PM. Reason: I missed a bit.
GasoLane is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-06-2010, 08:10 PM   #33
vztrt
IWCMOGTVM Club Supporter

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: vztrt is one of the most consistent and respected contributors to AFF, I have found his contributions are most useful to discussion as well as answering members queries. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MO
I think a few people have missed a bit,they wont prosecute to get the money they suspend your licence. If memory is right they don't even have to go to a magistrate to do it they have the power.
Lucky their keeping these types of dangerous menaces off the road... :rolleyes:
Old 23-06-2010, 08:18 PM   #34
mik
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveJH
Truck driver i'm guessing, too long between stops?
it does`nt have to be , a simple typo or forget to put the days date on and your in the poo, if they pull you over they usually go back through all your pages back to the last pulled up date, my last wallet mt i made a honest typo, he gave me a seat belt infringement as well $400 something fine, i felt like santa helping out the nsw economy
mik is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-06-2010, 09:29 PM   #35
Dave3911

Quote:
Originally Posted by GasOLane
Oh they dont prosecute, they just cancel my license. Which could be kind've awkward when I run 900km gauntlet of HP and RTA inspectors every night

Got it in one MO.
From reading the FAQ on their website, even though you think you paid it - the fact is you cant proove it. I think the tact that you need to take is to argue that you never recieved the first penalty notice before they have now issued their enforcement order... to try to get it reduced back to the original penalty notice.

To quote the FAQ

Quote:
If we find an error has occurred and notices from the issuing authority have not been served on you correctly before the issue of the enforcement order, we will :

write to you confirming that the cost has been waived or,
stop enforcement action and return the fine to a penalty notice, providing you with the options available to satisfy a penalty notice.
If we find the notices have been served correctly, you will need to pay the enforcement order or finalise it by one of the options explained on the enforcement order.
Given they haven't followed it up for 10 years, I would think it'd be safe to argue you never recieved it..... If they say you did, get them to prove what they've done in the last 10 years in regards to correspondence. If they conceed you never recieved it, they may then shunt it back down to the initial penalty notice. Which you then fill out the court contest option..... Turn up for you day in court and try your luck with the Magistrate.... "It was 10 years ago, I have no idea, they haven't filled their side of the Bargain by doing this in a timely fashion"..... Never know, might get lucky.... Some magistrates can be quite reasonable when government departments have taken this long to deal with things.... As we know, others come from a different planet!

Might be a long shot - but I think it's worth a try.
Dave3911 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-06-2010, 10:54 PM   #36
prydey
Rob

thats a bit stiff Rog, maybe they got wind of the fact you'd recently said transport s.a. make them look good. they thought they'd set the record straight!!
prydey is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-06-2010, 01:56 PM   #37
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by mik
it does`nt have to be , a simple typo or forget to put the days date on and your in the poo, if they pull you over they usually go back through all your pages back to the last pulled up date, my last wallet mt i made a honest typo, he gave me a seat belt infringement as well $400 something fine, i felt like santa helping out the nsw economy
They can go back as far as they like I think. .... During a recent 'blitz' on the Newell I was pulled up 4 times in two weeks. In each case they went back more than three weeks!

Just to see if their mates missed anything I guess
Quote:
Originally Posted by prydey
thats a bit stiff Rog, maybe they got wind of the fact you'd recently said transport s.a. make them look good. they thought they'd set the record straight!!
Bugger. I never thought of that
Old 27-06-2010, 12:33 AM   #38
mik
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

yes you have to admire them for they`re thoroughness
mik is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-06-2010, 01:21 AM   #39
Spinner5711

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave3911
From reading the FAQ on their website, even though you think you paid it - the fact is you cant proove it. I think the tact that you need to take is to argue that you never recieved the first penalty notice before they have now issued their enforcement order... to try to get it reduced back to the original penalty notice.

To quote the FAQ

Given they haven't followed it up for 10 years, I would think it'd be safe to argue you never recieved it..... If they say you did, get them to prove what they've done in the last 10 years in regards to correspondence. If they conceed you never recieved it, they may then shunt it back down to the initial penalty notice. Which you then fill out the court contest option..... Turn up for you day in court and try your luck with the Magistrate.... "It was 10 years ago, I have no idea, they haven't filled their side of the Bargain by doing this in a timely fashion"..... Never know, might get lucky.... Some magistrates can be quite reasonable when government departments have taken this long to deal with things.... As we know, others come from a different planet!

Might be a long shot - but I think it's worth a try.

Acts Interpretations Act (1901) holds that if the letter was posted to your correct address at the time (address held by RTA) then you are deemed to have received it. There's no way out of that one.

You can't argue that you lived at a different address because then the NSW Photo ID Legislation requires a holder of a NSW Govt issued photo identification card to notify the issuing authority of change of address within 14 days of the move. They'd have you for not advising of a change of address within the time limit and hit you with a new fine.
Old 27-06-2010, 01:42 AM   #40
deesun
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Either way you're ed.
Old 27-06-2010, 10:08 AM   #41
Whoosha
AU DIE HARD
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For all the things you do behind the scenes. Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Just another rouge "Truckie" finally caught up and dealt with .....

........Age and treachery will ALWAYS overcome youth and skill.......

CORTINA 250 2V POWER soon to be AUXR8 Windsor pwrd

.............WINDSOR WARLORD WHO CARRIES THE CLEVO MAFIA AND BROKEN BOSSES...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riksta
Quote of the weekend: "The quarter mile wasn't as long as I expected it to be".
Whoosha is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-06-2010, 11:01 AM   #42
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Why fine over spelling mistakes? Its not an English essay (mind you here in Victoria, you can still get maximum marks with spelling and grammar mistakes anyways).
Franco Cozzo is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-06-2010, 03:20 PM   #43
aussie muscle
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

i read in todays paper about 1/2 million people have not paid their SHB tolls.

MORE than 2.7 million trips across the Harbour Bridge have not been paid for in the past 12 months, defying the RTA's claim that cashless tolling would be embraced by the motorists.
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/new...-1225884920624
Old 29-06-2010, 01:24 PM   #44
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whoosha
At least I wasn't driving an Iveco at the time!!
Old 29-06-2010, 01:33 PM   #45
Burnout
Falcon RTV - FG G6ET
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whoosha
Quote:
At least I wasn't driving an Iveco at the time!!
Obviously an evil felon who needs locking up, I suggest the Boggabilla Watchouse.

On a lighter note; I had cause to meet a bloke, a few years ago now who had been arrested by virtue of a Warrant of Commitment up here. The Offence of Stealing(Shoplifting) as a Minor. The offence had been committed in 1965. This bloke had arrived in a Queensland Prison as he hadn't paid the fine of two pounds, six shillings.
I asked him why had he not just given the local wallopers the five dollars oweing. He told me his mum had given his dad the money to pay the fine on the day of the court case, but dad had tossed it down his gullet at the pub instead.
He went on to tell me his dad was still with us & could he use a phone to tell dad where he was and why....

RTV Power
FG G6ET 50th Anniversary in Sensation.
While the basic Ford Six was code named Barra, the Turbo version clearly deserved its very own moniker – again enter Gordon Barfield.
We asked him if the engine had actually been called “Seagull” and how that came about.
“Actually it was just call “Gull”, because I named it that. Because we knew it was going to poo on everything”.

Last edited by Burnout; 29-06-2010 at 01:40 PM.
Burnout is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-06-2010, 01:53 PM   #46
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burnout
Obviously an evil felon who needs locking up, I suggest the Boggabilla Watchouse.
Spoken by one who knows ?

(It's actually the outside dunny at the Wobbly Boot!)
Old 30-06-2010, 07:04 AM   #47
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Brings a wealth of knowledge to the forums and is frequently giving helpful advice. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical information. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charliewool
Don't think cameras zoom in on logbooks (YET!)
Actually ... the cameras that were in use in the Safe-T-Cam systems were of very high res (even back in 97-2000 when I was working on the system). I remember seeing a few images from tests ... and also one notable one where a driver used a numberplate concealing device at the time. Problem was he left his logbook open on the dash ... with the truck rego number written on the page. Put it this way, the image was that clear you could easily read the handwriting. Lets just say he didn't get off that one lightly.
Mechan1k is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-06-2010, 10:06 PM   #48
Burnout
Falcon RTV - FG G6ET
Donating Member3

Quote:
Spoken by one who knows ?

(It's actually the outside dunny at the Wobbly Boot!)
It must be, the original Watchouse cells from Bogabilla are at my cousins place, just up the Gore Hwy outa Gundy, thickets bits a' Red Gum I've ever seen.

RTV Power
FG G6ET 50th Anniversary in Sensation.
While the basic Ford Six was code named Barra, the Turbo version clearly deserved its very own moniker – again enter Gordon Barfield.
We asked him if the engine had actually been called “Seagull” and how that came about.
“Actually it was just call “Gull”, because I named it that. Because we knew it was going to poo on everything”.
Burnout is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-07-2010, 02:55 PM   #49
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mechan1k
Actually ... the cameras that were in use in the Safe-T-Cam systems were of very high res (even back in 97-2000 when I was working on the system). I remember seeing a few images from tests ... and also one notable one where a driver used a numberplate concealing device at the time. Problem was he left his logbook open on the dash ... with the truck rego number written on the page. Put it this way, the image was that clear you could easily read the handwriting. Lets just say he didn't get off that one lightly.
Thats about right. When they first came out I asked an Inspector how good they are. His answer was "Good enough to read the brand of radar detector on your dash" .....Not that I ever had one of course

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burnout
It must be, the original Watchouse cells from Bogabilla are at my cousins place, just up the Gore Hwy outa Gundy, thickets bits a' Red Gum I've ever seen.
Thats probably why it's not there anymore. If it cold enough the locals in Bogga can burn anything!!