Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 29-06-2010, 10:38 PM   #31
JC
Miami Pilot
Donating Member2

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

It's what I call the WRRE (western ring road effect) - don't take any action at the time, but look at how many indescretions were committed after the event has finished, and then book the transgresser for the same offence multiple times. Had he been free kicked the first time, I doubt the other 3 times would have occurred, just like on the Western ring road - if you got pulled over for speeding the first time, you would not be speeding past subsequent cameras etc (unless you were a complete idiot).
Mods: Tune, HSD/ShockWorks, black GT335 19” staggered replicas with 245 & 275/35/19 Michelin Pilot sport 5s

Daily: BF2 Fairmont Ghia I6 ZF, machine face GT335 19” staggered Replicas with 245s and 275s, Bilsteins & Kings

FPV 335 build stats: <click here>

Ford Performance Club ACT
JC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-06-2010, 08:10 AM   #32
gtxb67
moderator ford coupe club

i think the result is great - as long as they are consistent. with the recent barry hall situation and now this at least someone in the afl is trying to right wrongs
whether he should have hit his hand or not is debatable. certainly i would not blame johnson for never talking to baker again, but if you are on the field, then you are fit. in the 97 prelim, the crows targeted jose romero's shoulder, but no one cared. people only seem to care when it is their player or a perceived poster boy. i did not like the adelaide crows guys for that situation, but what did they do wrong - nothing. a player can feign an injury so the opposition take it easy on him. if baker hit johnson's other hand, then it wouldn't have mattered? so johnson can pretend his other hand was injured and bingo - no more harrassment
to me the whole baker crap and even thompson against hall (and many others) all have one very potential outcome - the guy playing the ball can get suspended for being human. that part is totally wrong and the umpires should do something to stop it escalating into what both incidents became
gtxb67 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-06-2010, 10:26 AM   #33
GK
Walking with God

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

What penalty did Johnson get?

GK

2015 Kia Sorento Platinum - Snow White Pearl

2001 Ducati Monster 900Sie - Red

Now gone!
1999 AU1 Futura Wagon - Sparkling Burgundy
On LPG

Want a Full Life? John 10:10
GK is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-06-2010, 10:33 AM   #34
TZENU
XY Driv3r

Johnson got 3....
Old 30-06-2010, 01:25 PM   #35
GK
Walking with God

Quote:
Originally Posted by TZENU
Johnson got 3....
Gee I would have thought he'd have got more. I guess he plead guilty and they reduced the penalty?

GK

2015 Kia Sorento Platinum - Snow White Pearl

2001 Ducati Monster 900Sie - Red

Now gone!
1999 AU1 Futura Wagon - Sparkling Burgundy
On LPG

Want a Full Life? John 10:10
GK is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-06-2010, 05:33 PM   #36
Archilino
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by GK
Gee I would have thought he'd have got more. I guess he plead guilty and they reduced the penalty?

GK
I think it was 5 reduced to 3 with an early plea, but seeing as though he has a broken hand he wouldv'e been put for a month anyways.
Archilino is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post