Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 27-06-2010, 04:28 AM   #1
Brazen
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Falcon's Cashmere interior option has been discontinued

Cashmere has been cancelled. As mentioned in the Falcon colours thread.

Over the last few years, for me one of the best introductions Ford has made to high-series Falcons was the option of the beautiful and luxurious lighter interior trim. I even thought it should be an option on the XR luxury pack. Now the Falcon has the same black, monolithic, heavy interior colour scheme from Xt to G6E. With the XT gaining the ZF trans and other features, the G6E value equation looks pretty grim. I can imagine the lighter interior being popular with private buyers, is it being cancelled a reflection of the market?

With the demise of Fairlane and LTD I would of thought that Ford would fill the void by positioning the high-series Falcon with more unique interior trim and features, but the gap between base model Falcon and top of the range Falcon has never been smaller.

Is this a big deal to G6E buyers? The Calais V sedan and wagon both give buyers the interior colour options, should buyers expect this when they are spending 50 kilodollars?

Last edited by Brazen; 27-06-2010 at 04:34 AM.
Brazen is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-06-2010, 04:56 AM   #2
Ghiadude
FORMERLY TX3DUDE

Dissapointing, I agree but the way I see it if you dont like it your free to spend your money on a slower, more dated looking vehicle(calais) if you like. I was a big fan of the cashmere interior but if I was buying today it wouldnt change my buying decision one iota.
Ghiadude is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-06-2010, 09:55 AM   #3
whynot
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Obviously, the cashmere was not selling well. It must mean that my tastes are well and truly out of step with the bulk of the buying public. I personally think the cashmere interior is gorgeous. It gives the interior a lift in sophistication.

The feedback I had received from my work colleagues (when I was giving them a lift to meetings, etc) was always positive. (Like, wow, this is a Ford? It looks more like a Merc.) The only down side, being cream leather, was that it needed more cleaning. I appreciate that dark interiors are all the rage. But, they don’t do it for me, particularly in sunny climate here.

My G6E two year lease is now up and it will probably be replaced this week. No, I am not getting another G6E, for a whole range of reasons. But the dropping of cashmere interior would have pushed the scales even further away.
whynot is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-06-2010, 09:56 AM   #4
FPV8U
BOSS 5.4L Enthusiast

Thats a suprise, i thought it would have been a real seller compared to boring old black/grey.
FPV8U is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-06-2010, 10:22 AM   #5
MitchG

considering how hard it is to maintain & keep clean i can why alot have gone off them..
MitchG is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-06-2010, 11:11 AM   #6
Deco28

kilodollars. That's new, I like it.
Deco28 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-06-2010, 11:22 AM   #7
turbodewd
FG Falcon fan

i am sick of charcoal and black interiors. wtf didnt they offer cashmere onthe XRs? Look at euro cars and u can choose from about 4 colors of interior.
turbodewd is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-06-2010, 11:26 AM   #8
Auslandau
335 - STILL THE BOSS ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MitchG
considering how hard it is to maintain & keep clean i can why alot have gone off them..
Buying the g6e I was absolutely set on cashmere. Fortunatly the demo was in cashmere with a few 100 k's. The driver seat was stained where people had worn jeans and the second I opened the door I ordered black. It might have been easy to wipe off but could imagine what they would look like after 50,000 k's

101,436 MEMBERS ......... 101,436 OPINIONS ..... What could possibly go wrong!

Clevo Mafia
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Auslandau is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-06-2010, 11:48 AM   #9
barra240t
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

This is the first I have heard? Still available on G6E-T and Ghia Terri as far as I know?
Old 27-06-2010, 12:08 PM   #10
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

Why would they discontinue it??

Maybe on G6.. But not G6E / T
Smoke Pursuit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-06-2010, 12:28 PM   #11
Elks
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auslandau
Buying the g6e I was absolutely set on cashmere. Fortunatly the demo was in cashmere with a few 100 k's. The driver seat was stained where people had worn jeans and the second I opened the door I ordered black. It might have been easy to wipe off but could imagine what they would look like after 50,000 k's
And thats it in a nutshell. We have a C250 with cream leather, and it looks fab, but it's hard to maintain and the car is only 5,500 km and Im fussy..

Your average Joe wont be bothered.

That said, It looks great, and I would always order it. Should now be available on FPV's. Order my Coyote FPV Black with cream...
Old 27-06-2010, 01:03 PM   #12
gcg2503
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always adding valued comments,  never involved in any disputes. A credit to this forum. 

Cahsmere is a pita to keep clean!

But if you make that little bit of effort it looks a million times better in my opinion

I am very surprised that it has been discontinued though :(
gcg2503 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-06-2010, 01:13 PM   #13
Matt P
No Boundries

Quote:
Spot on mate it is shocking to keep clean almost every car I have done heater flaps on was cashmere you have to be so careful, tools have to be spotless you have to change latex gloves about 6 times towels over the carpet the time spent almost doubles on cashmere cars. Cars built for everyday Australia should not have cream interior its just not practical.
Old 27-06-2010, 01:37 PM   #14
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the excellent car-care guide 

I know they Ford are trying to streamline the production line and save $$, but it is a local car which should mean offering alternative trims should be easier than for a import. When I was buying my FG, I was tossing up between a G6 with cashmere and an XR6 with blue cloth (also now gone). Very hard choice, but I liked that I HAD the choice.

I suppose the best way to look at it is they are saving money, helping the Falcon stay in production, which is what we all really want.
DFB FGXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-06-2010, 02:25 PM   #15
barra240t
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Again I don't think it's discontinued. I do know cashmere cloth was discontinued in G6 and TS Terri but leather still has the option in G6 G6E and Ghia Terri. It is very popular and I order, and still order it a lot.
Old 27-06-2010, 02:41 PM   #16
The G6ET Spot
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by barra240t
This is the first I have heard? Still available on G6E-T and Ghia Terri as far as I know?
Not available as an option on Fords website build page anymore.

Seems as though Ford are getting us used to not having a lot of things available to us anymore. Like V8 utes.

Anyone for a FWD car soon
The G6ET Spot is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-06-2010, 02:48 PM   #17
Brazen
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by barra240t
Again I don't think it's discontinued. I do know cashmere cloth was discontinued in G6 and TS Terri but leather still has the option in G6 G6E and Ghia Terri. It is very popular and I order, and still order it a lot.

Ah if you can still order it, maybe its being renamed or something? I also thought it would be very popular.
Brazen is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-06-2010, 06:09 PM   #18
BAxtER
ive been 4490'd

Hopefully the leather version is still available as been stated here. But going back on leather colours. Does anyone remember the offering in BAmkII ghias of a mango tan colour? It was a great option. Very different and unique! I reckon it would still suit a nice black or dark blue G6E!
www.taipanmotorsport.com.au
BAxtER is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-06-2010, 09:54 PM   #19
yanknbank
Very regular

I'll say it for the umpteenth time, cashmere is not hard to keep clean and it's still looking fantastic after 50,000k's. If Ford have indeed withdrawn that option, I wont be buying another G6ET as I intended to.
Old 27-06-2010, 11:12 PM   #20
dannyhilton
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

You can have any color you want, as long as it's black leather!

Not a fan of Cashmere myself, as others have said it's diffucult to keep looking clean, but I find it looks too old hat next some a nice, clean cut rich black interior. Each to their own. Hopefully Barra240t is correct (lets face it, he's the man with the info here) and Ford continue to offer the leather Cashmere though.
Old 28-06-2010, 12:06 AM   #21
drew`SEVNT5
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I thought it was called China Beige, and Cashmere was that crappy paint colour...

-2011 Nissan 370z Coupe (6M)-
-2006 Husqvarna SMRR450-
drew`SEVNT5 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-06-2010, 12:31 AM   #22
zoomie
Owner of "0066" F6 310

Quote:
The Cashmere interior in my old G6ET still looked like new when i sold with over 22000kms on it.... Yes i wear dark jeans nearly all the time, all i used to do was give it a once over monthly with the zaino Z9 cleaner and then a quick wipe with the zaino Z10 conditioner.... took the whole of 10mins to do when cleaning the inside of the car.

Personally the cashmere interior was the dealmaker when looking at a new falcon..... pity the car was a lemon cos it did look really classy lowered and with the 19" wheels
zoomie is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-06-2010, 12:37 AM   #23
falcon convert

The availability of Cashmere was an important factor in my buying decision (G6E). I love it and don't find it too hard to keep clean. I agree that the light option need not be quite as light as Cashmere -something a shade or two darker would be perfect in my view - but I am not a fan of black interiors and will probably look elsewhere next time I change over if black is the only option.
But am I in such a minority that Ford are prepared to forego my business?
falcon convert is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-06-2010, 03:06 PM   #24
yanknbank
Very regular

Evidentally it's the cashmere cloth that is no longer available. However, the cashmere leather is still available on the G6E and the G6ET. That info was from Ford Aust.
Old 28-06-2010, 03:30 PM   #25
galaxy xr8
Giddy up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt P
Spot on mate it is shocking to keep clean almost every car I have done heater flaps on was cashmere you have to be so careful, tools have to be spotless you have to change latex gloves about 6 times towels over the carpet the time spent almost doubles on cashmere cars. Cars built for everyday Australia should not have cream interior its just not practical.
So does that mean you don't take as much concern or use dirty tool's on vehicle's with darker (Black) interior as you wouldn't see the grease mark's as easy.....and not place towel's down as you also won't see it againt's the Black ???.
I don't care what colour interior I had, if I was sending my vehicle to a shop for service, I would expect the person to treat it as their own and treat all vehicle's in the same manner.
galaxy xr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post