Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 01-06-2010, 07:31 PM   #31
pottery beige
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Damo
Pfft, Steak has to have char grill lines on it, and not be the slightest bit pink at all to be good.
tear its horns off.. wipe its ***.. and chuck it on a plate.. Yummy!!
pottery beige is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-06-2010, 07:57 PM   #32
blueoval
Critical Thinker

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Well thought out and constructive posts.  A real credit to this forum. 

that disturbs to hear such poor reports about george's paragon. :(

2022 Mazda CX5 GTSP Turbo

2018 Hyundai Santa Fe Highlander

1967 XR FALCON 500

Cars previously owned:
2021 Subaru Outback Sport
2018 Subaru XV-S
2012 Subaru Forester X
2007 Subaru Liberty GT
2001 AU2 75th Anniversary Futura
2001 Subaru GX wagon
1991 EB XR8
1977 XC Fairmont
1990 EA S Pak
1984 XE S Pak
1982 ZJ Fairlane
1983 XE Fairmont
1989 EA Falcon
1984 Datsun Bluebird Wagon
1975 Honda Civic
blueoval is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-06-2010, 08:35 PM   #33
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

Sydney:

If you want good Chinese or Yum Cha go to "Iron Chef" in Cabramatta.

If you are stuck in the City at 3am then "Pancakes at The Rocks" is sure to please.

If you like Thai and want top quality huge servings at cheap takeaway prices got to "The Best Thai" at Rose Bay.

Arabic style BBQ Chicken / salads? "Habibs" at Bankstown or "El Jannah" at Granville.

The best traditional thin crust woodfired pizza can be found at Bankstown Sports club (in the Italian Forum).

Thick crusted, heaps of toppings and cheese pizza can be had at "TC Brothers" kebab and pizza cnr of Canterbury and Chapel rd (next to KFC).

The best Vegetarian (all you can eat) can be had at "Govindas" at Darlinghurst (and they also have their own cinema!).

Want a kebab / Yeeros and you're around Marrickville? Then head to "Victoria Yeeros".

I still head over to "Scruffy Murphy's" in the city every now and again for their sub $10 pub meals, providing you don't mind the odd few dozen backpackers ;)

Just finished a long hike in the Blue Mountains and have ended up in Katoomba? Go to "The Common Ground" for ridiculously cheap yet wholesome food. The inside furnishings are stunning as well.

Oh... and all these places serve great food at reasonable prices... I hate paying for a big plate and a fancy zig zag of 'jus' across a near-empty plate....

You feeling hungry???
Yellow_Festiva is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-06-2010, 11:49 PM   #34
blueoval
Critical Thinker

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Well thought out and constructive posts.  A real credit to this forum. 

can anyone recommend a good steak or seafood place in or around Bundaberg/Kingaroy/GinGin areas? Im heading there next month.

2022 Mazda CX5 GTSP Turbo

2018 Hyundai Santa Fe Highlander

1967 XR FALCON 500

Cars previously owned:
2021 Subaru Outback Sport
2018 Subaru XV-S
2012 Subaru Forester X
2007 Subaru Liberty GT
2001 AU2 75th Anniversary Futura
2001 Subaru GX wagon
1991 EB XR8
1977 XC Fairmont
1990 EA S Pak
1984 XE S Pak
1982 ZJ Fairlane
1983 XE Fairmont
1989 EA Falcon
1984 Datsun Bluebird Wagon
1975 Honda Civic
blueoval is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-06-2010, 12:26 AM   #35
DTFRMONT

DC Noodles in Station Street Box Hill, one of my lunchtime haunts.

Humongous plate of fried crumbed chicken on rice for $7.50. Or if there's a couple of you, try a plate of fried dumplings & a plate of Thai fried rice to go with it, $15 all up...

Wong's lucky bar at the tram stop on Whitehorse Road are pretty good as well, they do a good satay.
DTFRMONT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-06-2010, 12:37 AM   #36
Geez Louise
Awesome

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: All the behind the scenes things that help the community. 

For good Chinese - The Turtle Den...Opposite the Ringwood East train station. Recently refurbished. Gets really busy but the food is definitely worth the wait.
Old 02-06-2010, 01:01 AM   #37
uranium_death
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geez Louise
For good Chinese - The Turtle Den...Opposite the Ringwood East train station. Recently refurbished. Gets really busy but the food is definitely worth the wait.
That is normally a good sign that the place isn't crap

I went to Zest 89 for din dins tonight (worked all day in St Albans on property) and had my chicken skewer (big lumps of chicken) and vegies (I hate salad - it's rabbit food). Was darn good. Possibly my best meal there.

When I walked out I should have worn a number 35 on my back, because I was a happy chappy!

Don't snap my undies.
uranium_death is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-06-2010, 06:44 AM   #38
seduced_xr
BF XR6

Quote:
Originally Posted by EDfutura25
Are you serious. I remember going to fast eddy's all the time when I was younger (grew up in Perth) and it was great, went to cannington after a movie and my jaw dropped when they asked $15 for a hotdog, and it wasn't even that good. Not to mention we got ignored by the very guy who sat us down, he walked past us 3 times and never took our order or gave us a menu. After 30mins I went to the counter and asked to order there. The same idiot then asked me what table we were, thinking we had already eaten and were ready to pay. The worst part about the whole thing was there was about 15 other people in the restaraunt, I mean ffs was he on drugs or something.
sounds like bad luck to me.. no wonder you had no menu, your supposed to pick them up as you walk in the door :P

i had a steak burger and chips, 2 cokes there at 4am for $23 and the food was great

thats not bad
BA Falcon XR6 [JS92WA]in Winter White, 6 Speed ZF - BF Tail Lights, Pacemaker Twin 2.5" catback DBA Gold Series Rotors, 5% tint >>ITS BACK - The REBUILD IS ON, BF 2 Ghia 3v V8 5.4L, Full Fairmont Ghia Interior with FPV GTP seats,Boss Bonnet,BF Front End, DJR 302 Rear Wing, BF steering Column with BF ignition and FG keys, <<

2010 FG Falcon XR6 [XRLNT] in Lightning Strike, 6 Speed Auto - 15% Tint, Ipod, Bluetooth, Climate Control, custom plates, DJR 302 Wing
seduced_xr is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-06-2010, 08:26 AM   #39
5L
[ 5L ]

riverbella at north haven next to the sailmaster is nice,

been there a few times as its only down the road and it has always been decent.
[ 5L ] 2001 AU series 2 xr8, 220kw, 5speed, leather interior, premium sound, narooma blue, cat back exhaust, k&n filter,willall edit,MSD coil packs, MSD leads, monroe gt gas shocks, superlow kingsprings 187rwkw (mainline)

www.ignitionimages.com
5L is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post