Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 24-05-2010, 08:07 AM   #31
Redrum
Force Fed Fords

Quote:
Originally Posted by davway
You cant be defected with the permit.
The permit is designed essentially to allow you to move an unregistered car around to make repairs and get a RWC/Rego. (or for a new owner to move the vehicle from the sellers premises to their own).
I have used many permits in my time and have not had a single issue from it.
We drove a VT from Tullamarine to Warrnambool (300km) and didnt get stopped once, even though we were still on the road after 7pm.

I have been stopped before in other cars that i was driving on the permit so i could get repairs.
A simple license check, and a look at the permit and i was on my way.

You may get pulled over but as long as you obey the conditions on the permit, you will be fine.
Incorrect, in Victoria a vehicle can still be defected if it has an unregistered vehicle permit. It does not allow for an unsafe vehicle to be driven. It still has to comply with basic rules in regard to vehicle safety. You could not drive around a vehicle with 4 bald tyres, lights that don't work etc. With a permit though there would be more understanding.
Old 24-05-2010, 09:48 AM   #32
pottery beige
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Bloody ironic how when my XA was defected i was getting around a fair bit with a permit getting work done on it and not a second look from mr police man.. 100% all street legal now and nearly every second drive i'm getting pulled up.. lol..
pottery beige is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-05-2010, 01:08 PM   #33
Redrum
Force Fed Fords

Quote:
Originally Posted by pottery beige
Bloody ironic how when my XA was defected i was getting around a fair bit with a permit getting work done on it and not a second look from mr police man.. 100% all street legal now and nearly every second drive i'm getting pulled up.. lol..
They most likely just want to check it out now that is looks a million dollars
Old 25-05-2010, 10:56 PM   #34
BradZ
I'm still alive

Thats how we got our paddock bomb (Mazda 626) from Bendigo to here which is a two hour drive. The cars CV joints were wrecked and we didnt have any trouble.

PS. ( It does 0-100 faster than a mates VX commodore, shame)

Visual
-Lowered on SSSL's
-5000k Headlight conversion
-DJR Bobtail
-Darkest legal tint
-Tinted taillights

Audio
-Ford Premium Sound
-Pioneer 1000W 12'' Sub
-Pioneer Class D Digital 800W Amp

Performance
-Custom Cold Air Intake