Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 09-04-2010, 09:51 AM   #1
Jack91
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Wheel alignments on lowered cars not possible?

Hi,
I asked about a wheel alignment when I got my brakes done last week as the passenger side tyre is scrubbing out on the inside noticeably. The guy said with lowered cars its just something we have to live with. Is this true? Im not sure what springs Im on but theyre yellow King Springs all around and she sits pretty low. Also, whats the stuff called that you spray on windscreens to stop them fogging up?

Jack91 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-04-2010, 10:10 AM   #2
frd906
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

If you put a camber castor kit on, you can get a wheel alignment, some one please correct me if im wong, just woke up lmao

Posted by Xcabbi, Does it slap or rattle? Rattle is more to do with timing chains and tensioners. Slap is more to do with lifters, rings, bearings or GENIII boat anchors
frd906 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-04-2010, 10:13 AM   #3
DW260

My ute is lowered with 19's and it doesn't scrub-out. I've never had any alignment problems either. Do you have camber kits?

I think you're after the Rain-ex product. They do a an internal and external solution for the windscreen.
FPV GS Ute #370/Brembo brakes
DW260 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-04-2010, 10:15 AM   #4
GS608
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

That guy didn't know what he was talking about.
I've had my wheels aligned with Bob Jane did a good job with it, Don't need a camber kit and mines the equivalent of Superlows (Eibach pro kit)?
GS608 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-04-2010, 10:17 AM   #5
RG
Back to Le Frenchy

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAVO_XR
Hi,
I asked about a wheel alignment when I got my brakes done last week as the passenger side tyre is scrubbing out on the inside noticeably. The guy said with lowered cars its just something we have to live with. Is this true? Im not sure what springs Im on but theyre yellow King Springs all around and she sits pretty low. Also, whats the stuff called that you spray on windscreens to stop them fogging up?
Find a new place to take your car.
07 Renault Sport Megane F1 Team R26 #1397
RG is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-04-2010, 10:30 AM   #6
Jack91
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Rain-Ex, thats the stuff. I dont think I have camber kits, haha, Ive taken the wheels off a few time and nothing jumped out at me but I wasnt really looking. The w'shop that said that were just a mechanical garage, I wouldnt be getting it done there anyway. I think the springs are lower than yours Dean, whats after super low? Ive got to try and fix this shudder that starts at around 100km/h s hopefully that and the balance fixes it and Bridgestone (where Ill be getting it done) let me get away with the tyre thats on there now. I dont see the point though, with the amount of pot holes here, its gonna need to be done again in a month anyway
Old 09-04-2010, 10:54 AM   #7
GS608
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Ultra lows are after supers, IIRC SL are ~50-60mm lower than stock and SSL (ultra) another 10 on top of that. The eibach pro kit is 40-50mm lower than stock.
GS608 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-04-2010, 11:40 AM   #8
ThePistonHead
Shame Holden, Shame

Rain x is for the outside of your window to help lubricate it so rain bounces off it.

Fog x is for the inside to stop fog. Tip: Don't buy it. I used it on my window and it was terrible, glared in the sunlight etc and never looked as clear as it was before i put it on.

Took a while for it to come off too!

EFII "XR8" Fairmont V8 185KW ELII XR8 engine, box & exhaust|Dual Fuel|Tints|FTR's|Factory bodykit |K&N panel filter|Interior LED Conversion|Leather steering wheel|Slotted rotors|Ghia wood + chrome|Subwoofer|

METALLICA
ThePistonHead is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-04-2010, 12:48 PM   #9
Jack91
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Oh ok guess I wont buy it then
Old 09-04-2010, 01:29 PM   #10
HLC
Audi S3

use a bit of metho or turps or something like that on a cloth, and keep cleaning the inside of your windscreen til it is squeaky clean.

i used some crap glass cleaner on the inside that fogged up like nothing else, so i asked my old man what he uses to clean his glass. and he said metho or turps or whatever he had on hand as that gets all the grease and other crap off that causes it to fog up.

use whatever you want on the outside.
Old 09-04-2010, 04:26 PM   #11
grandpa_spec_F6
AFF Whore

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

I have my with superlows in the rear and lows in the front, Bridgestone down the road said $50 for the front and $15 for the rear, trust me, get it done quick, I went through a set of tyres in under 3 months, admittedly second hand, but they were balder your uncle charlie from the misalignment
My GMC Sierra is banned under Victoria's high powered vehicle laws, and its a 4082kg apartment complex on wheels.
Current Ride: Not a falcon, the struggle is real
grandpa_spec_F6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-04-2010, 07:37 PM   #12
galaxy xr8
Giddy up.

My AU is lowered and did scrub the 1st set of tyres but all it needed was an allignment, and now it is wearing perfectly.
galaxy xr8 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-04-2010, 09:19 PM   #13
XR8GRL