Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 14-03-2010, 08:23 PM   #1
azza11
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Help with problem

Hey guys need to run this past someone with some knowledge.
I have a AU series 1 update wagon, 4.0 at idle or low speed when you turn the wheel the power and revs drop, about 100-150 revs, doing the power windows does the same but not to same extent but it is noticable. I had a battery test done and it was only doing 200cca, the battery was a 450cca century. I brought a new battery a gold supercharge, its 550cca. Problem is still apparent, also cars not behaving well at low speeds. I thought maybe plugs, i always run platinums and replaced these with new iridium ngk platinums, little improvement. Theres no cutting or missing, its not doing anything exhaust wise to suggest a miss. My other problem (comes in 3's doesnt it) is front brakes. The pedal has small amount of travel (short pedal) and doesnt clamp hard when applied. Then it suddenly clamps. I have new DBA rotors and Bendix premiums. I was thinking maybe these issues are related, maybe its a vacuum issue. What do you think.
Thanks
AZZA

Old 14-03-2010, 08:31 PM   #2
The Monty
Just slidin'

I think they all do it. Run a three inch mandrel intake with a pod, and just tap the wheel at idle, and it half sounds like you have a blow off valve.
Old 14-03-2010, 08:50 PM   #3
azza11
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Thanks Monty, im sure its always been there the low speed power steer idle drop. It was more pronounced last week when the battery was only cranking 200cca. I should also mention with the brakes, i havent replaced them with with the new dba's and bendix pads.

AZZA