Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Old 31-08-2005, 06:40 PM   #1
Pazza
Above the Law

Default custom headlight protectors

hi there,

dont know if people have seen them but I was just wondering if it was possible to make custom headlight protectors like the ones from autobarn with the black stickers on them to make them look like round lights but instead of having black sticker make it the colour of the car..?

If this is possile by law, where in melb and how much do people think it would cost to be done.

Pazza is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-08-2005, 06:41 PM   #2
Sagerian
Custom User Title:

You can do this by buying the normal protectors, masking off what you want to leave clear, then painting the rest.

Not sure on the legality if you're trying to mock up some twins lights. Also not sure if it'll look s**thouse but that's not my call to make on your car.
Just sometimes, in between the first cigarette with coffee in the morning to that four hundredth glass of cornershop p**s at 3am, you do sometimes look at yourself and think... this is fantastic. I'm in heaven.
Sagerian is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-08-2005, 07:00 PM   #3
nat_daly
Nat D

from what ivfe seen it looks really tacky
nat_daly is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-08-2005, 07:03 PM   #4
Sagerian
Custom User Title:

I'm of the opinion you could make some pretty sexy looking eyelids if you wanted to go down that road, that would be my personal preference over twinlight mockups.
Just sometimes, in between the first cigarette with coffee in the morning to that four hundredth glass of cornershop p**s at 3am, you do sometimes look at yourself and think... this is fantastic. I'm in heaven.
Sagerian is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-08-2005, 07:03 PM   #5
niko
likes falcon's

if ya want different lights get an xr front? or possibly try cleaning ya headlights or acquiring a better set.

clean lights always look nice.

imo i wouldnt add on things like that. stok or atleast off different model factory items is the way to go
Old 31-08-2005, 11:29 PM   #6
InitialD
Low and Loud

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pazza
hi there,

dont know if people have seen them but I was just wondering if it was possible to make custom headlight protectors like the ones from autobarn with the black stickers on them to make them look like round lights but instead of having black sticker make it the colour of the car..?

If this is possile by law, where in melb and how much do people think it would cost to be done.
Years ago when I had a KB laser I wanted to put a TX3 front on. This is impossible, so I saw a few KB's that had decals on there headlights that made it look like "Round TX3" headlights in it. I was informed by autobarn aswell as the cops this was illegal sadly. Save up for a XR front or make some headlights up with the inner chrome surround painted black.

1993 Ford Falcon XR6 Poly Green Stationwagon - 4.0 I6, Auto, 3:45LSD, All the usual XR6 Stuff but in a wagon :
InitialD is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post