Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Old 08-08-2005, 04:46 PM   #1
B.J(inCanb)

Default EB11 Wagon, indicator problem..

Well after passing its RWC last week with flying colours our wagon has developed a funny problem. When selecting either indicator all the indicators work, left or right doesn't matter both sides go. Hubby will look at it tonight but I wondered if anybody else has had this problem, so solving some diagnostic time.

Old 08-08-2005, 04:51 PM   #2
InitialD
Low and Loud

Flasher cam probly has died. have a look in the fuse compartment and try another Flasher cam (mostlikely blue or black large squareish unit with 4 or 5 pins on it)

1993 Ford Falcon XR6 Poly Green Stationwagon - 4.0 I6, Auto, 3:45LSD, All the usual XR6 Stuff but in a wagon :
InitialD is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-08-2005, 09:02 PM   #3
Stav
Smile

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always ready to help others over the years on AFF with advice and tips along the way 

This problem is common when a car alarm is installed with diodes to the blinkers.Some times the diodes blow up and short to both blinkers.To fix it ..get under dash and snip diode connections then tape it up.

Single din radio fascias for fg to fgx fords Australia wide .

FG 1 2 and 3 gauge holder in stock now! https://stingraycar.com.au/shop/
Site Sponsor See Sponsor Stingray Car Security 😍👌✌

AU wagon 6 14.241@96.75 1/4 mile sold.Octane fg xr6 turbo!! 12.312 112.21 mph home tune f6 injectors gone ..now in nitro fgxr6t ready to go again
Stav is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-08-2005, 11:25 PM   #4
tango07

This happened to one of the girls wagons I done the tests .and found out it was a broken stalk. got one from the wrecker as it was too expensive to buy a new one. John.
tango07 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-08-2005, 05:50 PM   #5
B.J(inCanb)

Default Solution

Sorry to bump this up just thought I would let you know what the problem was. Turns out that the top of the exhaust pipe had a large hole, the heat from this had melted and fused togther the wires for the trailer plug and the fuel tank sensor. Problem fixed with new exhaust system and new wiring installed for trailer and sensor. Bonus is car is running far better as well.