Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Old 30-08-2005, 10:30 AM   #1
gozza

Default Hooking up Cruise Control on CUstom Wheel?

hey fellas
i took my original wheel off and i understand how the boss kit works with the metal contacts underneath it...i just don't know where to put wires and such..i'm not even sure how i'm going to put switches in but knowing which wires did what would be a start...
any one done this?

gozza is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-08-2005, 12:08 PM   #2
John_LS1

i think it was EDMONTY who remote mounted his Cruise buttons. maybe send him a PM.
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-08-2005, 12:12 PM   #3
mcflux
Banned
Donating Member1

Mmmmm I'm picturing a BA steering wheel with working cruise buttons
mcflux is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-08-2005, 12:22 PM   #4
clampy
Mr Extraordinary

yeh the cruise wire shorted with horn power i think turns it on, shorted with ground turns it off, and the other buttons short with either horn power or ground(i forget) thru a resistor..

you could make up your own wiring, tuck it in dash somewhere n put switches, well.. anywhere! i was thinkin some sleek pushbutton ones either side of the hazard, on top of the steering column there..
clampy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-08-2005, 12:29 PM   #5
gozza

thnx guys
i think i'll pull apart the steering wheel to see which wires touch the metal contacts
and pm edmonty
sounds a little tricky...i found it hard enough hookin up a bl00dy neon to my 12v cig lighter
gozza is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post