Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Old 29-08-2005, 05:49 PM   #1
Simmo
White Lightning

Default questions for ea-ed manual owners

getting my car converted to 5spd and my mech has hit a few little issues.

1) if you have cruise control and a manual does it switch off/coast when you hit the clutch? since im auto i dont have a sensor in place for this.

2) if youve converted what did you do about the bump stop for the 3rd pedal and the pedal return spring?

Last edited by Simmo; 29-08-2005 at 05:57 PM.
Simmo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-08-2005, 06:38 PM   #2
Damo
Banned

cruise will deactivate when the clutch goes in.
I don't know what you mean by 'bump stop' ? The return spring clips onto a little slot in the firewall.
Damo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-08-2005, 07:02 PM   #3
Simmo
White Lightning

apparently on the ef pedal i got theres a bit to stop the pedal going too far. but i got a pedal pin from mal wood so he doesnt have tp change the whole pedal box, just slap the clutch pedal on.
Old 29-08-2005, 10:45 PM   #4
BoZZa17
Lovin the Manual.

i converted mine few weeks ago
the cruise wont turn off unless u put the extra vacume type switch on the pedal, which yours will not have the mount for as you did not change the pedal box

so basically your screwed there

and the same goes with the stopper for the clutch pedal i guess,
as you have an auto pedal box it wont have any sort of stopper for the manual pedal, so id say your screwed there once again

the only way i can see you can fix this problem is to pull the dash out and to change the pedal box over to a manual one....

however this is from my experience....
now i come to think of it... i dont think mine has a stopper?, just make sure he attatches the spring that goes to the firewall and that will stop it from coming too far forward
BoZZa17 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-08-2005, 11:29 PM   #5
Simmo
White Lightning

ok. i cant see why the cruise/pedal problem would be that bad. if you were hitting the brakes youd be on the clutch at the same time and if you just pressed the clutch the engine would just rev up.