Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Old 29-08-2005, 09:28 AM   #1
barryington

Default 12 Slotters pushing against calipers!!!

I recently bought some 12 slotters for my EA Falcon.
2 original GT Rims, 2x7x14
2x9x14 with 265x14x50 series bridgestone eager tyres

The problem I am having is with the rear tyres. I put them on everything fitted ok, nothing seemed to scrub, looked tough! Started the car about to go for a drive, and the car wouldn't go anywhere. Turns out the inside of the rear rims were pushing against the outside of the brake calipers, forcing them to clamp onto the disc.

I can't get the offset changed or put spacers/hub adapters on as the tyres stickout past the guards by about 10-15mm already(Did I say it looks so tough).

I was told that the brake assembly on an EF or EL is actually smaller than that on an EA. Perhaps changing that might fix the problem? If anyone has any thoughts on this please post.

thanks

p.s. My car is fricken filthy

Attached Images
File Type: jpg P1040109.jpg (70.9 KB, 64 views)
File Type: jpg P1040110.jpg (62.8 KB, 49 views)
File Type: jpg P1040111.jpg (61.6 KB, 56 views)
File Type: jpg P1040112 copy.jpg (46.0 KB, 73 views)
File Type: jpg P1040114.jpg (35.4 KB, 66 views)
File Type: jpg P1040117.jpg (28.1 KB, 58 views)
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-08-2005, 10:05 AM   #2
old_mate
Smash the Boost

Quote:
Originally Posted by barryington

I was told that the brake assembly on an EF or EL is actually smaller than that on an EA. Perhaps changing that might fix the problem? If anyone has any thoughts on this please post.

Dont bother with bloody 12 slotters, it sooooooo is not worth it! They belong on my XY, not a EA. I cannot confirm whether the brake assy from the EF/EL is different to the EA, i assume they would be similar though....but dude, for 12 slotters?

1971 Fairmont Sedan

1974 SWB F100

Keyboard Warrior - A Person who, being unable to express his anger through physical violence (owning to their physical weakness, lack of bravery and/or conviction in real life), instead manifests said emotions through the text-based medium of the internet, usually in the form of aggressive writing that the Keyboard Warrior would not (for reasons previously mentioned) be able to give form to in real life.
old_mate is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-08-2005, 01:14 PM   #3
LTDHO
The one and only

Mate I agree. Although they are wide (probably to wide to be legal) they are still slotters and are not suited for E-series cars. Also being that 15" alloys are so cheap and lighter why not go for those?

Sell the slotters to someone with an X-Series!
Other cars include Dynamic ED Sprint, Dynamic DL LTD, Sparkling Burgundy DL LTD, Yellow, Red & Blue XB sedan & Black XB Coupe
LTDHO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-08-2005, 01:30 PM   #4
Paris Hilton
Custom User Title

Did he ask for your peoples opinions? nope.

(although I agree, I have 12 slots on mine and they are...bleh : )
Paris Hilton is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-08-2005, 01:52 PM   #5
LTDHO
The one and only

Quote:
Originally Posted by slection
Did he ask for your peoples opinions? nope.

(although I agree, I have 12 slots on mine and they are...bleh : )
No he didn't but if you buy wheels to suit a car they will fit!
Other cars include Dynamic ED Sprint, Dynamic DL LTD, Sparkling Burgundy DL LTD, Yellow, Red & Blue XB sedan & Black XB Coupe
LTDHO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-08-2005, 02:03 PM   #6
stockstandard
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I would be interested in how you go with this. I was going to buy some wide 14" 12 slotters for when the EF hits the strip but if they are going to foul the brakes it kind of defeats the purpose.

If it helps Ill take some pics of the brakes on my EF.
stockstandard is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-08-2005, 03:25 PM   #7
Aaron_EF8
Oops, I slipped....

Welcome to the forums barryington

I know this is only my opinion, and it doesn't count for much, but those rims look absolutely shocking the way they stick out, I hope you haven't got E-Series club stickers on your car! 265's fit on EA's no problem, but the offset on those wheels are all wrong. You will get pulled over and defected for that if a cop see's it.

EF/EL brakes are slightly different, but I don't think they are smaller, I've tried fitting XD Ghia alloy's to the back of mine and they foul on the dust cover and brake caliper, although 14" stockies do fit.

I personally would sell them and buy some 15" (at least) rims, the 14x9 12 slots would be worth a bit I would imagine, as well as the original GT wheels. The other option is to get the rim section cut and re-welded to change the offset, then fit hub adapters to space the wheels back out.

1984 XE S-Pack 250 Sno White - LPG - Single Rail - 2.5" Exhaust

"Just because you don't understand something, does not make it wrong"

Aaron_EF8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post