Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 26-11-2009, 04:02 PM   #1
Harryin Ford
Starter Motor

Default Focus Zetec broken down again

I owned a 07 focus zetec since new, it been tolled to the dealership twice within 18 months! First time the breaks failed when I was driving. (the dealer can't found out the problem and charged me $75 for inspection) This time, the gear box dead, the car stay in the dealer’s service department for 1 week and they told me they still don't know what’s wrong with the car, but they told me that it may not be covered by the warranty, because it may due to the way I ‘m driving it… I drive manual car for six years, and my previous car was a 10 years old Nissan and it never gave me any troubles.

Do I like ford cars? Yes. Will I buy another ford? Probably not.

Harryin Ford is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-11-2009, 09:12 PM   #2
tezarity
Tezarity

Shouldn't that inspection fee be covered under warranty?
tezarity is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-11-2009, 10:09 AM   #3
Dustproof

Default Inspection fee

Quote:
Originally Posted by tezarity
Shouldn't that inspection fee be covered under warranty?
The inspection for warranty is FREE, if they decide it is not warranty for one reason or another they SHOULD build it into the cost of repair. If you decide to NOT get the car fix there then a quote fee could be charged to cover their technicians time.

As for the transmission, get them to write you a letter outlining the issue they say disqualifies you from warranty, come back here and some of the mechanics here can explain it further and direct you to the Ombudsman.
Old 27-11-2009, 11:16 AM   #4
Harryin Ford
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dustproof
The inspection for warranty is FREE, if they decide it is not warranty for one reason or another they SHOULD build it into the cost of repair. If you decide to NOT get the car fix there then a quote fee could be charged to cover their technicians time.

As for the transmission, get them to write you a letter outlining the issue they say disqualifies you from warranty, come back here and some of the mechanics here can explain it further and direct you to the Ombudsman.
Many thanks for the advice, the problem is, after one week, they still can't confirm what is the problem and when they can fix it.
Old 27-11-2009, 12:14 PM   #5
Dustproof

Default Auto Trans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harryin Ford
Many thanks for the advice, the problem is, after one week, they still can't confirm what is the problem and when they can fix it.
I know there have been some issues in previous posts to do with Auto Trans, it was fixed by a firmware update to the computer. Can you describe what the problem is with the transmission?
Old 27-11-2009, 05:28 PM   #6
Harryin Ford
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dustproof
I know there have been some issues in previous posts to do with Auto Trans, it was fixed by a firmware update to the computer. Can you describe what the problem is with the transmission?
On my way to work, the clutch pedal suddenly became very heavy and it was very hard to shift to any gear.

The dealer just called me (After I called the Ford customer relationship centre) and told me that it was due to the malfunction of the clutch, they need to change the clutch and flyer wheel, luckily it covered under the warranty.

I would say that Ford does care about their customers , but some Ford dealers should improve their customer service.