Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 21-11-2009, 01:40 PM   #1
HSVETAR
Bring on the lion...

Default Rear bumper removal

Hey guys. My girlfriend has a 06 focus sedan, and i need to take the rear bumper off to respray it. Wondering if any of you have removed your rear bumper off yours, or know how to do it.

Cheers
Kane

El falcon, 4.0, XR6 camshaft, pacemaker extractors, 2.5 inch exhaust with tri flow sports muffler, AU TE50 intake, with K&N panel filter, Advanti racing Stalker 17" rims, Sitting on Ultra Low King Springs, 'Gabriel' Ultras Lowered struts, NOW MANUAL, 3.45 LSD

9.694 @ 75.38 MPH at Mildura Drag Strip 1/8 Mile

XC Falcon project car underway......
HSVETAR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-11-2009, 09:15 PM   #2
tezarity
Tezarity

Do you have any idea how much it costs to respray the rear bumper on the hatch?
Someones scratched mine a few months back and i'm looking at getting it sprayed before i sell it.
tezarity is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-11-2009, 10:22 PM   #3
Velociraptor82
Eat my Brake Dust

I had a aftermarket rear lower skirt installed on my car. I was charged $1000 for the install and $500 for the paint. Apparently the painting included painting the full bumper to ensure the paint matched. So I'm guessing about $500 would be the cost.

Seeing as I wasn't the one removing my rear bumper tho, I'm afraid I can't help. However if you do find out pleas let us know. I've knoticed that both my front and rear bumpers look like they sag a little and I'd like to know how to take them off so I can straighten them up.
Small Ford Sunday 2010 - Best Modified Car presented by the EuroFord Club

If I'm going to Hell, I'm going in a Ford

Velociraptor82 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-11-2009, 10:42 PM   #4
tezarity
Tezarity

Thanks dude
tezarity is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-11-2009, 12:34 PM   #5
HSVETAR
Bring on the lion...

Yea my girlfriends has popped out on the side where the bumper meets the 1/4 pannel. Its popped out like 10mm. Admittedly she did back into a tree at low speed lol... so im not sure if its broken some clips or what...
El falcon, 4.0, XR6 camshaft, pacemaker extractors, 2.5 inch exhaust with tri flow sports muffler, AU TE50 intake, with K&N panel filter, Advanti racing Stalker 17" rims, Sitting on Ultra Low King Springs, 'Gabriel' Ultras Lowered struts, NOW MANUAL, 3.45 LSD

9.694 @ 75.38 MPH at Mildura Drag Strip 1/8 Mile

XC Falcon project car underway......
HSVETAR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post