Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 14-10-2009, 10:53 PM   #1
Beer Baron
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Auto Gearbox Fluid Temp.

Hey Hey,

I'm fitting a Davies Craig oil cooler to my transmission soon and I'm wanting to know what normal auto temps are with normal driving and what is considered to be high to do damage.

I plan on fitting a shift kit but only have it on when i need it and keeping the shifts sensible. Fitting different diff gears too.

Beer Baron ;)

Old 15-10-2009, 01:05 AM   #2
IH8HSV
XR6T 400kw(well one day!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beer Baron
Hey Hey,

I'm fitting a Davies Craig oil cooler to my transmission soon and I'm wanting to know what normal auto temps are with normal driving and what is considered to be high to do damage. Beer Baron ;)
If you are fitting an after market trans cooler then you shouldn't need to worry about temperatures of the transmission.

Unless you are racing or are towing a caravan around Australia then you should be fine.

But if you are really serious about wanting to know your transmission temp then you can install a gauge like this:

http://www.automatictransmission.com...p?NewsId=12031

Last edited by IH8HSV; 15-10-2009 at 01:07 AM. Reason: forgot the spell check!!!
IH8HSV is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post