Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 15-06-2009, 12:32 PM   #1
ON_DUBS
[ON DUBS]

Default replacing a BEM

the BEM in my S1 Fairlane has damaged components on the circuit board which cause the door lock fuse to blow.

i got a replacement from the wreckers, which is the same colour (olive) and has a matching sticker with model number etc.

plugging in the new BEM, my door locks work but now I can't start the car.

So the BEM must be security coded, does anybody know how this system works?
I assume my car is smartlock, it is an 99 series 1 and does not have the flashing red hand on the dash.

What steps do I need to take to get my keys working with the new BEM?

Old 15-06-2009, 01:23 PM   #2
ON_DUBS
[ON DUBS]

I'm thinking a smartlock bypass module from shiftkits.com will solve the problem.

Opinions?
Old 15-06-2009, 08:58 PM   #3
bodes-sh
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

not sure if it works or not as i have never tried it, but apparently if you leave the key in the "on" position for an hour or so the bem learns the ecu, or vice versa. the other way which is easier is to take the car to a mechanic with a ford tester or ford and get them to program the bem to the ecu. good luck
bodes-sh is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-06-2009, 12:56 PM   #4
ON_DUBS
[ON DUBS]

as it turns out the second time i fit the replacement BEM the door lock fuse blew.

so either the original BEM was not at fault or whatever caused the fault with the original has now damaged the replacement.

time for a new thread.
Old 16-06-2009, 06:53 PM   #5
FGII-XR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by ON_DUBS
I'm thinking a smartlock bypass module from shiftkits.com will solve the problem.

Opinions?
why would you bypass the cars security ( and pay to do it)when you only need to relearn the new BEM ??? :

"It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."

Start a new career as a bus driver

Rides:
FG2 XR6 stock at this stage but a very nice ride

xc 4 DOOR X CHASER 5.8 UNDER RESTO
FGII-XR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-06-2009, 07:54 PM   #6
blownv8au
Pro Street Au Ute

can you use the bem out of a au3 in an au1 wil inter wipers a light timers and other stuff from au3 work if it is hooked up and will remote locking be a matter of swapping to a smartsheild remote from smartlock. thanks preston.
blownv8au is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-06-2009, 10:22 AM   #7
ON_DUBS
[ON DUBS]

if you guys read the last post i made it says the BEM is not the problem.