Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 15-06-2009, 08:44 PM   #1
bigdogbigwagon
Starter Motor

Default Fan just developed a tick

This problem has only justed started. The fan has developed a tick. Doesnt mater where the air flow direction is selected it still ticks. If you increase the fan speed the ticks increases to match. Seem to be coming from the glove box region. I'd say thats where the fan unit is. Is it possible to get a leaf in them like the old 70's model cars? Is it a big job to remove the fan. Do the bearing go in them?

bigdogbigwagon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-06-2009, 09:10 PM   #2
NC1183
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Mine has developed a similar thing, and i found that if i pull on the bracket a bit it stops, so i don't know what i've done, but if i find a fix i'll let you know.

It is possible to get leaves etc in there but it will be from being on recirculate, sucking stuff off the floor. Just drop the glove box, set to recirculate and have a look in the fan itself

2005 FPV BF Super Pursuit

The new toy (now sold)
The SP

The old ute (sold)
www.aufalcon.com/nc1183

Build Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by F6T
If you look closely you can see the remains of a Hyundai excel that’s been sucked into the intake.
about the pic of 'CHOP YA' F6
NC1183 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-06-2009, 10:12 PM   #3
Kryton

I did have the same thing in my BA Fairmont.
3 trips to fraud and the diagnosis each time were leafs touching the fan - 3 times.
each time it would only last about 50km and it would come back till the 3rd time when i started the car in their lot (after they had removed the 'leafs") and it still ticked.

anyway, turned out the fan motor was stuffed and the whole fan assembly had to be replaced.
never had a ticking sound since.
dont know what the exact cost was either as it was warranty but i think it was around the $600 mark.
Kryton is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-06-2009, 10:20 PM   #4
Dave_Obsession
Resident AFF detailer

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Helpful and detailed posts on car care. 

As NC1183 has suggested, try removing the glovebox, then set the fan to recirculate, and watch the flap move up.

Then turn everything off, and lift the flap manually (don't go sticking your fingers in there while the fan is moving), and see if there is anything in there that needs to be cleaned out - could be what is causing your noise!!!
Old 16-06-2009, 12:15 AM   #5
Stattic
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

yeh its happened to me several times, just a leaf here and there, i just blast mine on full till it goes away lol
256rwkw

BA manual Typhoon
Fully optioned, 340rwkw@16psi (thanks Bluepower)!

The old ride....
AU Fairmont, cammed beast, R.I.P you made my p plate years bearable!
150.8rwkw courtesy BPR
Stattic is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post