Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 09-12-2008, 03:31 PM   #61
eXtremist
2007 Ford Focus Zetec

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clint Eastwood
Anyone here know much about or use 100% WHEY protein?

Cheers.

Are you talking about Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard 100% Whey Protein?
eXtremist is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-12-2008, 06:16 PM   #62
Clint Eastwood
5.4L V8

Quote:
Originally Posted by eXtremist

Yes,that is the one I have been looking at.
Clint Eastwood is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-12-2008, 07:05 PM   #63
Hillbilly F Truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoesAu
im sure i looked into this product and each serving is around 80% percent protein, although the name is 100% whey. Go figure. What are you looking to do in specific?
Just means the proteins are derived only from whey and not soy or other source.
Hillbilly F Truck is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-12-2008, 12:12 PM   #64
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clint Eastwood
Yes,that is the one I have been looking at.
A lot of people on Bodybuilding.com rave about it.
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-12-2008, 11:43 PM   #65
JMO
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

What are people's thoughts on using creatine for building muscle to drop excess weight (fat ~80kg)?

I'm already using protein after workouts, but am willing to give creatin a go if it;s worth it.
JMO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-12-2008, 12:04 AM   #66
gcg2503
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always adding valued comments,  never involved in any disputes. A credit to this forum. 

Creatine has so many mixed reviews - its hard to say. Although no-one i knew used it to successfully drop weight and get leaner, more the opposite really

It just made me look fuller and increased the amount of water i was holding - put on 7kgs over 8 weeks but looked bloated (ie like you would after six weeks on sustanon 250)
gcg2503 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-12-2008, 12:06 AM   #67
JMO
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Sorry. I meant to say that I want to lose about 20kg over a few months of structured workout to weigh about 80kg.
JMO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-12-2008, 10:24 PM   #68
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by gcg2503
Creatine has so many mixed reviews - its hard to say. Although no-one i knew used it to successfully drop weight and get leaner, more the opposite really

It just made me look fuller and increased the amount of water i was holding - put on 7kgs over 8 weeks but looked bloated (ie like you would after six weeks on sustanon 250)
It has been proven to increase explosive energy levels and reduce muscular fatigue, which will help you train for longer. In that way it helps you gain lean muscle, but as a weight loss supplement i'd say not. A caffeine type fat burner would be a better option for that.

Creatine does cause some water retention, but its also widely known that you have to increase your water intake when you use it.
Old 19-12-2008, 10:17 PM   #69
Stav
Smile

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always ready to help others over the years on AFF with advice and tips along the way 

Just a quick stop past this thread to say thanks for the responses to my question a few posts back. I can see my muscle slowly changing.I cut the carbs and was feeling exhausted ,dizzy for full days. I suppose it is good for some but not for my system. It porbably doesnt help being on blood thinners for my ticka. In any case..I am feeling the best I have in ages so thanks ..Now just to work out how to steadily decrease my body fat so I can hopefully look a bit leaner..

Single din radio fascias for fg to fgx fords Australia wide .

FG 1 2 and 3 gauge holder in stock now! https://stingraycar.com.au/shop/
Site Sponsor See Sponsor Stingray Car Security 😍👌✌

AU wagon 6 14.241@96.75 1/4 mile sold.Octane fg xr6 turbo!! 12.312 112.21 mph home tune f6 injectors gone ..now in nitro fgxr6t ready to go again
Stav is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-12-2008, 07:17 PM   #70
Hillbilly F Truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMO
Sorry. I meant to say that I want to lose about 20kg over a few months of structured workout to weigh about 80kg.
Re creatine...
Experiment with it if you are advanced to a point where you need something extra during a workout. If you're relatively new to training and trying to lose weight and just tone up a bit you will respond well enough to the training alone. Protein powders are only beneficial if your diet is lacking. If you are overweight you're probably getting enough. Save your money.
Old 22-12-2008, 07:19 PM   #71
Hillbilly F Truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stav
Just a quick stop past this thread to say thanks for the responses to my question a few posts back. I can see my muscle slowly changing.I cut the carbs and was feeling exhausted ,dizzy for full days. I suppose it is good for some but not for my system. It porbably doesnt help being on blood thinners for my ticka. In any case..I am feeling the best I have in ages so thanks ..Now just to work out how to steadily decrease my body fat so I can hopefully look a bit leaner..
Don't forget to take fish oil which helps hearts, keeps joints mobile, and helps brain function.
Old 26-12-2008, 02:13 PM   #72
Stav
Smile

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always ready to help others over the years on AFF with advice and tips along the way 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobRoy
Don't forget to take fish oil which helps hearts, keeps joints mobile, and helps brain function.
Thanks for the advice Rob. ..I dot want to hog this thread so I will post my results of my efforts in the weight loss thread.

Single din radio fascias for fg to fgx fords Australia wide .

FG 1 2 and 3 gauge holder in stock now! https://stingraycar.com.au/shop/
Site Sponsor See Sponsor Stingray Car Security 😍👌✌

AU wagon 6 14.241@96.75 1/4 mile sold.Octane fg xr6 turbo!! 12.312 112.21 mph home tune f6 injectors gone ..now in nitro fgxr6t ready to go again
Stav is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-12-2008, 11:47 PM   #73
DJR David
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Hi all, just getting into the "oh my God I am 40 next year I had better get fit" stage!!!"

Doing running 3 times a week, plus weights 3 times a week. Quite a few of you use NO-Xplode by BSN, but when do you take it???

Doing a search on the net it recommends taking it on an empty stomach, 45 mins before exercise. Then dont eat for an hour after the workout!!!!

So when can you take it. I like to sleep at night, exercise when I get up, have brekky then go to work!!!.

mmmm problem I see! as yoda would say!
DJR David is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-12-2008, 12:02 PM   #74
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJR David
Hi all, just getting into the "oh my God I am 40 next year I had better get fit" stage!!!"

Doing running 3 times a week, plus weights 3 times a week. Quite a few of you use NO-Xplode by BSN, but when do you take it???

Doing a search on the net it recommends taking it on an empty stomach, 45 mins before exercise. Then dont eat for an hour after the workout!!!!

So when can you take it. I like to sleep at night, exercise when I get up, have brekky then go to work!!!.

mmmm problem I see! as yoda would say!
You'll just have to take it when you get up, and eat after your workout. Just start off with small scoops to start with as it may take a little getting used too. You don't need to follow the guidelines to the letter, its just what they recommend for maximum effectiveness, but as long as its taken on a full stomach you'll start to feel it work after 15-30 mins.
Old 30-12-2008, 01:16 PM   #75
SSFPARTSGUY
Genuine Ford Parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by eXtremist
I use this products and have found it to be the best, Cookies and Cream flavour FTW!!

PH. (07) 3008 6277 email: parts@southsideford.com.au
SSFPARTSGUY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-01-2009, 06:40 PM   #76
ST09RM
2011 FG XR6T UTE

has any1 tried gaspari plasma jet?? i usually use super pump..just like drinking a red bull :
ST09RM is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-01-2009, 06:57 PM   #77
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by FOX986
has any1 tried gaspari plasma jet?? i usually use super pump..just like drinking a red bull :
I haven't used it but i've heard its good.
Old 23-05-2009, 09:46 PM   #78
HEMI POWER
N/A BOSS 390+

Unfortanately what you see and read about protein powders and the likes are more of a gimmick to sell there products.If one believes they will put on muscle with these products is kidding themselves. If you want to put on muscle you have to lift maxinum weight with less reps and if you want to lean up eat less carbs with plenty of cardio or less weight with high reps.Gaining muscle mass naturally isn't easy thats why most go to the dark side after a year or so of training. :
ALL AUSSIE MUSCLE

Last edited by HEMI POWER; 23-05-2009 at 09:52 PM.
HEMI POWER is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post