Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 25-01-2007, 09:12 PM   #1
qldwagons
auto elec and aircon

Default problem with au2 lights HELP PLEASE!!!

please help
my au 2 wagon has developed a strange electrical fault with the lights switched off i i put my foot on the brake pedal my brake lights plus instument cluster lights gear change lights and my frt parker lights illuminate
if i do it with the headlights switched onto park or headlights my brake lights stay fully illuminated making it impossible to tell if im braking or not any ideas ?

Old 25-01-2007, 09:57 PM   #2
JC
Miami Pilot
Donating Member2

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Quote:
Originally Posted by qldwagons
please help
my au 2 wagon has developed a strange electrical fault with the lights switched off i i put my foot on the brake pedal my brake lights plus instument cluster lights gear change lights and my frt parker lights illuminate
if i do it with the headlights switched onto park or headlights my brake lights stay fully illuminated making it impossible to tell if im braking or not any ideas ?
I'd be guessing a short somehwere, but it's a wild guess.
Mods: Tune, HSD/ShockWorks, black GT335 19” staggered replicas with 245 & 275/35/19 Michelin Pilot sport 5s

Daily: BF2 Fairmont Ghia I6 ZF, machine face GT335 19” staggered Replicas with 245s and 275s, Bilsteins & Kings

FPV 335 build stats: <click here>

Ford Performance Club ACT
JC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-01-2007, 10:32 PM   #3
mik
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

i just asked my little brother he reckons check trailer plug first the ford sqaure ones are prone to corrosion big time, earths second , then as jc said a short somewhere,
good luck.
mik is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-01-2007, 12:02 AM   #4
TwistedEL
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

trailer plug for sure first place to look, if the plug is indeed still there (and not been knocked off somehow) then you will have a short in there

I had this problem in my EL where the parkers & cluster etc would flash with the right indicator
TwistedEL is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-02-2009, 08:41 AM   #5
danielpaton3
Starter Motor

i had this problem with my au1 replace the bulbs the 2 elements inside mabey fused togeather an auto elect picked mine up he said heat causes the problem
danielpaton3 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post