Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 19-01-2009, 03:20 PM   #1
ea90gl
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Funny comments/excuses from the darkside bogans

Well just thought I'd share a few things that were said by some people the other day during conversation. Ofcourse they were the typical GM/Holden loving bogans who would rather "push thier Holden than drive a Ford".. Now ofcourse I know there are also the Ford fans who are like this and I am not stereotyping all Holden fans, I know some who can appreciate a great car from any manufacturer. It goes both ways but any way here are a few things I heard:

Why do people hail the I6T? It has been developed for many years so what do you expect?...
Well that might be true but why hail the LS series motors then? Last time I checked GM were producing and developing OHV pushrod donks since the dinosaur days so the same goes there...

Mate the new GTR-V spec will beat the ZR1 corvette but it will be pricey therefore I pick the ZR1 as a better backage anytime of the day....
Ok but your probably the same guy that cherishes the W427 which costs more than double the F6 and is only marginally quicker? what gives....

Mate you cannot beat the sound of a V8 therefore the R8 is better than the F6....
Ok thats your opinion but why does the sound a car makes determine if its better than another?

Mate the Boss motor is absolute rubbish, just look how one journo only pulled a 14sec 1/4mile in an XR8 with 5kms on the clock....
Ok but we all know journo's can't drive and remember its only a 5.4ltr, it might not be the best V8 around but definately not bad for a 5.4. I suppose that 6.2ltr is so much better because there is more low end torque and can propel any VE down the 1/4 in 10 sec flat in full street trim....

There are a few more which I can't remember but they are always good for a laugh, which have you heard and what did you think?

Old 19-01-2009, 03:32 PM   #2
Rodp
Regular Schmuck

I guarantee this thread will be closed by the end of the day. :P
Old 19-01-2009, 04:02 PM   #3
mrbaxr6t
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

yea I get this crap from my wifes sisters' boyfriend heres how the convo goes

him : fords suck
me : why
him : fords suck
me: why do they suck for what reason?
him : they just suck
me : O............K........... if you say so, have a nice drive home in your VH

he really annoys me with his constant idiocy, and where I live I get alot of this stuff as everybody worships the holden make people ask me how does the car go so I tell them and their retort is something like "but xxx car is faster" to which I reply "do you own one?" to which they reply "no I don't" to which I reply "I am confident that my car is better than your commodore" to which they reply "How did you know I drive a commodore?" me "lucky guess......."

Holden special vehicles - for special people
Old 19-01-2009, 04:25 PM   #4
XR6_661
Cane Farmer

My favourite is when they call our motors a V6. I always have a good chuckle at that.

1994 ED XR6T - Cobalt Blue.

2009 FG XR6 - Black.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex
I couldn't give a crap how many are in their family, what gay passtimes they paticipate in, or whether they have a cat, dog or a freaken fish.

Keep your stinking family to yourself god damn it.
Old 19-01-2009, 04:28 PM   #5
4Vman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

wow..... this threads a keeper.

Old 19-01-2009, 04:56 PM   #6
ch33z1l
Dawn

I hate when someone says you drive a family car.
Old 19-01-2009, 05:34 PM   #7
Nickxb
XB in progress

Quote:
Originally Posted by ch33z1l
Just tell them that theres more room in the back seat for the important things.
Old 19-01-2009, 05:40 PM   #8
eyes87
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

lol. for putting the surfboard in you mean...
Old 19-01-2009, 05:52 PM   #9
MGR

Quote:
Originally Posted by ea90gl
Mate the new GTR-V spec will beat the ZR1 corvette but it will be pricey therefore I pick the ZR1 as a better backage anytime of the day....
Ok but your probably the same guy that cherishes the W427 which costs more than double the F6 and is only marginally quicker? what gives....
The ZR-1 is around 30% more expensive than the GT-R. Despite the fact it's a lot easier to build a cheap sports car when you operate at an annual loss of 40-billion US dollars.

ps I still love the ZR-1
Old 19-01-2009, 06:12 PM   #10
DJL351
XR & FPV Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Vman
wow..... this threads a keeper.
Yeap...... quality all the way.

*waits for the fur to fly
2005 BF GT (6sp manual - Build #183)
2015 SZ MkII Territory Titanium
2016.75 LZ Focus Sport

Quote:
probably the stupidist post on aff - congrats
Quote:
Originally Posted by flappist
There was once a time when every young man in this country was familiar with firearms and many owned them privately along with a stock of ammo and some bush gear.

Now the best we can hope for is to unfriend them on facebook then SMS their commanders with !!!1!!!!!!11!1!! and then finally plank a tank.......
Old 19-01-2009, 06:15 PM   #11
DBourne
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

ZR-1 = brutal awesomeness
GTR = geeks toy

i honestly just dont like people who are 1 eyed for no good reason.
Old 19-01-2009, 06:16 PM   #12
TC200six
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I know a stupid one a biased Holden fan said...

He complained that Holdens in V8 Supercars use Ford 9" diffs because if Holden were allowed to use their own, they would always win. :

: I will note that I don't hate people just because they support Holden, a lot of them are friends of mine. It's just arrogant one-eyed car company extremists that get on my nerves whenever I see them.
Old 19-01-2009, 06:32 PM   #13
Wally
XP Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laser '81
I know a stupid one a biased Holden fan said...

He complained that Holdens in V8 Supercars use Ford 9" diffs because if Holden were allowed to use their own, they would always win. :

: I will note that I don't hate people just because they support Holden, a lot of them are friends of mine. It's just arrogant one-eyed car company extremists that get on my nerves whenever I see them.
You think the diffs are a Ford made 9" ?
Old 19-01-2009, 06:42 PM   #14
flappist
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by ch33z1l
In order to have a family you must have sex with a member of the opposite gender but same species.

Should someone prefer to engage in sex with someone or something other than a member of the opposite gender, such as themselves or livestock, they would possibly see the term "family" as derogratory and use it as an insult.

Whilst calling your Ford a family car, to them is an insult, you must remember that the more of them there are, the more single women are available for you.....
Old 19-01-2009, 06:50 PM   #15
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wally
They're based on a Ford 9 inch design, and refered to as 9 inch diffs, so what does that matter. Any spec sheets for V8SC always refers to them as 9 inch diffs.
Old 19-01-2009, 07:09 PM   #16
TC200six
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wally
I don't think the differentials V8 teams use are manufactured by Ford, this kid just said that to me. He must have been told by his his parents.
Old 19-01-2009, 07:18 PM   #17
RG
Back to Le Frenchy

I know this one bloke.......ahh who cares.
07 Renault Sport Megane F1 Team R26 #1397
Closed Thread