Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 11-05-2008, 07:25 PM   #1
Fritz
Starter Motor

Default Sqeaks and Rattles - Warranty after 1500km

Hi All

Recently had a service done on my BF XR6T and asked them to look at my dashboard as it's developed a really obnoxious squeak in the last couple of months. Car is still under warranty but was told I would have to pay for the work myself as Ford reject claims for sqeaks and rattles after 1500kms

Anyone else had there dealer tell them this?

Car only has 22,000km's and the only warranty work ive had done is replacing the bootlamp.

Thanks

Fritz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-05-2008, 07:39 PM   #2
Windsor220
Now Fordless

I'm pretty sure this applies to most car manufacturers.

Customer at work got rejected for a rattle in the dash. Car was still in warranty(Mitsubishi).

I think there'll be something in the owners manual about it.
Windsor220 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-05-2008, 07:55 PM   #3
g220ba
FGX XR8

Not all manufacturers would reject such a claim. i worked at mazda for 3 years and they cover amost anything under warranty as long as its justified.
g220ba is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-05-2008, 08:13 PM   #4
Pinch
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Hyundai fixed a tiny rattle in a Lantra after 4 yrs and 110K no questions. I only half asked cause I knew they would say no. One high tension lead failed at 75K, the same dealer replaced all 4 'just in case'.

Compare that with Ford, I never had hand brake that worked properly in the BA, try as I might to get it fixed. Ford cars are generally great, anything else to do with the ownership experience wasn't great for me.

22K, I simply wouldn't take no for an answer if its a major problem. Keep the pressure on. Ford needs as many customers as it can these days, this sort of crap just turns off the faithful that might actually keep buying their cars.
Old 11-05-2008, 08:18 PM   #5
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

How the warranty doesn't apply to that is beyond me. It should warrant everything besides consumables.

Not a great way to preach the quality of your work when you expect squeaks and rattles after 1500kms and that's exactly what they are saying if they reject such claims :
MITCHAY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-05-2008, 08:24 PM   #6
ZA-289
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

It is crap, but I've heard they wont fix squeaks after a few thousand kays,

makes you not want to buy another new ford huh?
ZA-289 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-05-2008, 09:14 PM   #7
mik
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

warranty or not with those low k`s i would be expecting my dealer TO FIX THE DAM THING IN GOOD FAITH, thats just unbeleivable. where is this dealer?
mik is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-05-2008, 09:48 PM   #8
vanman_75
XD Sundowner

go to another dealer it will get fixed .