Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 07-05-2008, 10:54 PM   #1
Pinkbits
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Club/Historic Registration-Victoria.

Hi all.
Can anyone tell me the criteria that is required for club/historic registration here in Victoria.
The car in question is a 1975 year of manufacture that will be left basically stock with the exception of an exhaust upgrade.

Thanks.

Pinkbits is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-05-2008, 08:51 PM   #2
Geez Louise
Awesome

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: All the behind the scenes things that help the community. 

What car is it Mark? I know there are new regulations coming out soon regarding club permits and regos but not sure of what the changes are.

Found this on the Vicroads website. It is the current info on what is needed for a club permit.

http://www.vicroads.vic.gov.au/Home/...lubPermits.htm
Old 09-05-2008, 10:06 AM   #3
Pinkbits
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Top secret! :monkes: :
I'll let you all know when it arrives.
Old 09-05-2008, 10:17 AM   #4
xccoupe

Mark no problems with an XB, my XC coupe is on a club permit.
Cheers. Tony
xccoupe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-05-2008, 11:19 AM   #5
Pinkbits
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by xccoupe
Mark no problems with an XB, my XC coupe is on a club permit.
Cheers. Tony
Thanks Colleen & Tony.
How much is the cost per year?

The car is 74 vintage.
Old 09-05-2008, 05:42 PM   #6
Go baby Go
Like no other..........

G'Day Mark,

*Car must be 25 yrs or older.
*Must be a member of an approved club - list is on vicroads website
*The main to remember is you can only drive it to and from club events, and for testing/repairs. This could be a club meeting, c'tee meeting, V8 round if it's written in the club mag.
*Cost is under $100 - remember there's no TAC with it - it is a permit not registration.

They are / have been/ have nodded off on the idea - of a logbook system where it is a number of days per year. That has been on the board for aaages in Vic - (is the system used in SA and WA I think), but for now just bank on the current process.

To get the plates, you either have to have a RWC or the cub officer inspect to deem it in "a safe and driveable condition". they write a letter, take that and the form they also need to sign ainto Vicroads and pay your money- the car does not get inspected by Vic Roads at all.

Hope that helps,

GBG

A recent study found the average Australian walks about 900 miles a year.
Another study found Australians drink, on average, 22 gallons of alcohol a year.
That means, on average, Australians get about 41 miles to the gallon.

Kind of makes you proud to be an aussie.
Go baby Go is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-05-2008, 09:54 AM   #7
thexyking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go baby Go
G'Day Mark,

*Car must be 25 yrs or older.
*Must be a member of an approved club - list is on vicroads website
*The main to remember is you can only drive it to and from club events, and for testing/repairs. This could be a club meeting, c'tee meeting, V8 round if it's written in the club mag.
*Cost is under $100 - remember there's no TAC with it - it is a permit not registration.

They are / have been/ have nodded off on the idea - of a logbook system where it is a number of days per year. That has been on the board for aaages in Vic - (is the system used in SA and WA I think), but for now just bank on the current process.

To get the plates, you either have to have a RWC or the cub officer inspect to deem it in "a safe and driveable condition". they write a letter, take that and the form they also need to sign ainto Vicroads and pay your money- the car does not get inspected by Vic Roads at all.

Hope that helps,

GBG
What do you mean, no TAC? I thought the purpose of the permit was so that you were covered provided you were meeting the terms of the permit. Are you saying that if you had an accident the normal TAC cover wouldn't be in place? If so, how do you insure for this?
thexyking is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-05-2008, 05:44 PM   #8
9triton
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: A valued contributor to those hard to answer questions regarding classic falcons. A wealth of knowledge. 

mark :

and there is no stamp duty to be paid in vic on transfer - saved me about $400 on my classic bike when i got club plates - ie bought it of some one else and went straight to club plates.

you need to ring around the clubs and see which offers the best 'deal' ( so to speak)

ie some clubs make you wait a year before allowing you to get the club permit - some are straight away.

also check their calendar of club runs- some clubs have only a limited number - which can limit your use

some, like the early falcon club i'm ,in list 20 (or so) a month - some times multiple events on the same day - so allows you to legally use your car for any of them and can pick and choose where you can go

at the end of the day the club has a responsibility for the being able to allow club permit use ( not all clubs have this) so any 'illegal' use can reflect back on the club and vic roads can /may withdraw the priveledge from the club.

there is a list on the vic roads website of all the clubs elligbile

http://www.vicroads.vic.gov.au/NR/rd...ClubsDec06.pdf

brett
melb
9triton is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-05-2008, 08:42 PM   #9
Pinkbits
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Thank you to everyone who has replied.
Your advice is greatly appreciated.
Old 10-05-2008, 09:33 PM   #10
gcg2503
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always adding valued comments,  never involved in any disputes. A credit to this forum. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkbits
Thank you to everyone who has replied.
Your advice is greatly appreciated.
Looking forward to seeing what you have bought this time.

Surely it cant be nicer than pink bits?

Rgds

George
gcg2503 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-05-2008, 10:51 PM   #11
Whoosha
AU DIE HARD
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For all the things you do behind the scenes. Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gcg2503
Looking forward to seeing what you have bought this time.

Surely it cant be nicer than pink bits?

Rgds

George
: :
Whoosha is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-05-2008, 11:06 PM   #12
Geez Louise
Awesome

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: All the behind the scenes things that help the community. 

Is it a Datsun 120Y Mark??
Old 10-05-2008, 11:18 PM   #13
9triton
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: A valued contributor to those hard to answer questions regarding classic falcons. A wealth of knowledge. 

mark -

a few more thoughts:

supposedly the club permit is for unmoddified cars - (Although there is another special category for rods and rod clubs). interpretation of what constitutes a modified car is pretty loose and is determined by the club - but exhausts etc dont fall in that category - usually things like blowers/engine swaps/ tubbed etc.

and on the club deal some make you attend a certain number of meetings /runs per year to keep the club permit - stops folk joining the club , getting the permit and never to be seen again

and your insurance goes right down as well (limited use - shannons) :

brett
9triton is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-05-2008, 11:25 PM   #14
Go baby Go
Like no other..........

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geez Louise
Hey hey hey.... don't diss the datto!!!!! (mind you that was a car i don't think anyone will put down on their 100 cars that made legend status)

Besides........ better suited to a 180B........ :hihi:

Another study found Australians drink, on average, 22 gallons of alcohol a year.

Old 10-05-2008, 11:33 PM   #15
Go baby Go
Like no other..........

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9triton
mark -

a few more thoughts:

supposedly the club permit is for unmoddified cars - (Although there is another special category for rods and rod clubs). interpretation of what constitutes a modified car is pretty loose and is determined by the club - but exhausts etc dont fall in that category - usually things like blowers/engine swaps/ tubbed etc.

and on the club deal some make you attend a certain number of meetings /runs per year to keep the club permit - stops folk joining the club , getting the permit and never to be seen again

and your insurance goes right down as well (limited use - shannons) :

brett
Food for thought- you are right in that all clubs are different. The other (datto) club i am in (having been the permit person for quite a few years) doesn't care what car it is that we CH plate (hubby's XD is next on the list, we have mini's, isuzu's, chryslers etc), it can modded within reason (the Vicroads ruling is "in a safe and driveable condition") and I hadn't heard of guys having to wait for CH plates..... thanks for pointing that one out 9triton..

Cheers,

GBG

Old 11-05-2008, 10:06 AM   #16
AU1XLS
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geez Louise
Oh not another Cortina in Cranbourne :
AU1XLS is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post