Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 21-02-2008, 12:37 AM   #1
Dezaman

Default major conversions, i know weve all thought of it at one stage

ok guys, long time no see, we all know why we fell in love with ford falcons, or even there little sisters, there cheap, there reliable, and there oh so powerful, whether your daddie handed you down your first falcon or you saved up a whole fortnites paycheck and bought it as a run around car and loved it to much and kept it, there aint nothin better then a falcon, but, my falcon is leaving me and i want a bmw, i mean who doesnt want a bmw, when your friends ask you how much you paid for your eb and u just mumble a couple of grand, no one will ask u how much u paid for a bmw because there all so ridiculously overpriced, lets look at a comparison between a 92 bmw 318i and a 92 eb falcon, 6k vs 700 bucks (withour rego) 80 kw 4 cylinder vs 130 kw i6, twice as much room space, the only thing about a bmw is they look much nicer and sportier, lets face it, a big ugly rust bucket ef falcon vs a gorgous sleek silver bmw, the people who know nothing about your car will instantly love you, even though the people who do know about cars can mock you for your stupidity on buying a bmw, and i want the best of both worlds, there are boundless honda drivers who have converted there preludes to 318i's and m3's, yet preludes arent cheap, i would desperately want to know a company that makes 318i body kits for falcons or any other cheap car, hell ford have been making a convertible called the capri for 20 odd years it looks like a hunk of , but imagine paying a grand for a capri, and 5k on bmw parts, and having a 20 grand bmw lookalike thats more powerful, im just desperately searching for bmw body conversion website even if i have to go out and buy a shitty prelude, itll sustain me untill i can afford a ba

Old 21-02-2008, 12:45 AM   #2
XR Martin
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Please stay away from Falcons if you're thinking this way.

Go buy a cheap Jap import MX5 and turn it into a BMW Z9 like this guy

http://carscoop.blogspot.com/2007/05...ed-bmw-z9.html
2016 FGX XR8 Sprint, 6speed manual, Kinetic Blue #170

2004 BA wagon RTV project.

1998 EL XR8, Auto, Hot Chilli Red

1993 ED XR6, 5speed, Polynesian Green. 1 of 329. Retired

1968 XT Falcon 500 wagon, 3 on the tree, 3.6L. Patina project.
Old 21-02-2008, 12:52 AM   #3
lukey
www.lukehimself.net

body conversions are just stupid lol, has anyone seen the guy who converted his NSX to look like a Ferrari? Or even worse the Aston Martin front-end conversions for MX5s.
Old 21-02-2008, 12:55 AM   #4
fmc351
let it burn

To quote Homer,

"Im living in a cuckoo clock".
Old 21-02-2008, 01:41 AM   #5
montyv8
Turbo Dinosaur FTMFW

damnit. corey delaney has found AFF.

Oh and that post has to be the longest sentence I've seen on this forum..
Old 21-02-2008, 01:48 AM   #6
Dezaman

yeh lol, full stops are overrated, and i agree with the fact that replica's are stupid, if you do it on a car that the price balances out, sure a 10 grand mx5 miata 10 grand worth of parts to copy a 15 thousand dollar car is stupid, but im here to ask about making a 15 grand car, for like 6-7, just using custom panels and body parts,
Old 21-02-2008, 01:52 AM   #7
Dezaman

rite now theres a whole load of people trying to palm of custom bf front ends to au drivers who are to poor to spend the extra 10 grand on a bf, and shop on ebay for a second for 318i's theres a 92 with 98 parts all over it, people put xr lights and buy ts50 body kits for there stock au's, same with people buying ss parts, whenever you see a front end of an xr6 go buy take closer look at the rear and chances are youll see the stock xt or forte badge there showing that its some poor who spruced up his car just a little bit to make it look nicer and newer, and whats so wrong about having the front end of a nice silver e36 on a little capri
Old 21-02-2008, 01:55 AM   #8
fmc351
let it burn

Just put a 10,000 rpm tacho in an auto Hyundai.
Old 21-02-2008, 02:11 AM   #9
Dezaman

Quote:
Originally Posted by fmc351
lol that doesnt help the car to look any better but i like your direction
Old 21-02-2008, 11:33 AM   #10
TadKa
Wait? What?

Quote:
Originally Posted by fmc351
ahahaha. love it. so many crap hyundais in tas.

why would anyone bother making a car look like something different. unless it was for comedy value. like the vw bug with a rolls bonnet. I'm being slightly hipocritical because I've got a gt front bar on an xr6 but I had to replace the bar anyway and I like the look. I'm not pretending I've got a Gt. I love the look of the 8 bulge but I stopped at putting one on an unmodded 6.
Old 21-02-2008, 12:44 PM   #11
fordel
Tricolore Tard
Contributing Member

What on earth was that rambling ?

All i saw was a huge wall of text..

Please learn paragraphs.