Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 21-08-2007, 12:33 PM   #1
99VCTFairlane

Default stereo issues

hey fellas
got a au fairlane and im trying to get my new touchscreen dvd player in the car to replace to crappy stock unit (series I not even cd in the dash, stupid stacker in the boot). the issue i got is that i dont have a cage to secure the unit in place, the stock unit doesnt have one and the aftermarket one didnt come with one.
is there anyone that sells generic or branded double din stereo cages? i found tonnes of single din but they're no help

cheers
alex

99VCTFairlane is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-08-2007, 05:15 PM   #2
peterban
AULTD

Can't help you with your question but if you can take photos of your progress as you go through fitting this to your Fairlane.

What brand of DVD player did you get?
peterban is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-08-2007, 06:57 PM   #3
blackers10
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

woot another fairlane owner!!
chuck some pics etc up on aufalcon.com matey!

dont know of any off hand
just ring around lots of different places
there is a hole for the rubber bung to mount at the back

how come your unit didnt come with a cage?? 99% of the ones i know of do?

it should sit in the hole rather securly anyways?
Old 27-08-2007, 07:27 PM   #4
Umineko
Karasu

I had the same issue when I installed mine, at the moment it's held in by the frame I made to blend it to the dash and the rubber plug at the back, the frame is actually a very tight fit and holds it in very securely.. so much so that when I had to take it out a few weeks back to cable up the rear screens I had the devils own job getting it back out again. I'd be happy to send you some pics and drawings of what I did if you are interested
Umineko is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post