Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 10-05-2005, 09:15 PM   #1
82falcon

Default Any ideas about car transport?

hi all,
My car (turbo XE) recently lapsed in rego because i was concentrating on uni. Anyway, I know what it needs to get engineered, its getting done on monday. However, i need to get the car to Peakhurst (near Bankstown) and i live a little past blacktown. To get it towed there would cost around $200 i think going on a tow from blacktown to parramatta before. I dont really want to drive it unreg cos im scared the cops will take it off me.
Does anyone have any advice?
82falcon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-05-2005, 09:28 PM   #2
MO
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Find a mate with a car and towbar,hire car trailer,proceed to destination. Cost you around $80.

The more I know ppl the more I love my DOGS.
2011 SY Territory Limited Edition TS
2000 AUII SE ute IL6
MO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-05-2005, 09:40 PM   #3
Trevor 57
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I am not sure about NSW, but in Victoria you can get an Unregistered Vehicle Permit from Vicroads for just that purpose. This allows you to drive the car there and back legally. In Vict, they cost around 40 bucks.

Go on to the RTA webiste and check to see if they are available, or ring them tomorrow.
Old 10-05-2005, 10:21 PM   #4
82falcon

Good advice Chronicle thanks. I did that search and it turns out im allowed to drive it 'for the purposes of registration'.
ill ring them tomorrow to get finer details.
Thats awesome, makes it so much easier. And im hanging to drive it again, 2 weeks of my parents magna, 2 weeks of no boost
82falcon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-05-2005, 10:36 PM   #5
MotherNatureVer2
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I know in NSW you can in fact drive your vehicle to & from 'places used to gain registration of vehicles' ..... been there done that a few times ........

Once I had to drive the old EA 70k round trips 3 times to do this ...... all with NO rego plates & never got pulled up ...... go figure ...... If I had the plates they proberly would have pulled me up :P
MotherNatureVer2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post