Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 31-03-2007, 07:35 PM   #1
Als_Zetec
Rated G

Cool Changing seats

Hi all

just wondering if anyone has replaced their standard front seats with anything different or even more 'sporty'.

I do a lot of medium distance driving, and find the base a little short and wishing that the backrest had more support. Don't get me wrong, overall I think seating is terrific, I'm just thinking of that extra little bit

Any pointers on replacing seats / seat types / pitfalls if I ever get around to it?

cheerio

Als_Zetec is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-04-2007, 12:52 PM   #2
Fast Eddie
Motorsport Guru

Although I've got a LR Focus I did some research with the possibility of putting my RECARO in from my previous car and it can't be done due to the wiring on the pre-tensioners and airbag sensors. But at that time RECARO didn't have a suitable seatbase. I presume this would also be the case for the Fiesta? So I went to an upholsterer and they made up a mould of my back and shaped some fairly firm foam, covered it in good quality fabric and attached it to my seat via straps. It "mostly" works but I'd still prefer a aftermarket seat. If anyone has any info on what they've done I'd appreciate it too.

Exterior Enhancements: ST170 Wheels, Richbrook Shorty Aerial, Euro-Spec Hatch Handle.

Performance Enhancements: Ate Callipers/EBC Rotors/EBC Greens Stuff Pads, ST170 Suspension, Herrod's Custom Tune, Ford Racing Coated Exhaust Manifold & Bespoke 2.25in Exhaust.

Awards: AFD '07 EFOC Best Focus, SFS '09 EFOC Best Focus, SFS '10 RSOC O/all Best Focus, AFD '10 CFC O/all Best Focus.
Fast Eddie is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-04-2007, 01:59 PM   #3
photn
AFF Post NAZI

i feel the same about the seats. been looking into going to an upholster place and actually gettnig them to re-bolster the seat so it holds you more, abit like the Recaro's.

photn is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-04-2007, 02:42 PM   #4
Piotr
Non-Regular Member

IIRC you can take them to retrimmers and they will be able to mod the seat for you without compromising safety.
Piotr is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-04-2007, 03:04 PM   #5
Als_Zetec
Rated G

cool.... now anyone know an upholsterer that they trust?
Als_Zetec is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-05-2007, 02:13 PM   #6
fordfalcon63
Starter Motor

Hey guys,

This isn't about changing seats but similar..I have a WQ LX 5 door and I'm wondering if anyone knew an upholsterer who would be able to re-trim my seats leather, and how much it would cost? Im in the South-Western suburbs of Sydney so anyone local would be a dream!!!!
fordfalcon63 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-05-2007, 10:25 PM   #7
mitch_lx
Candy White GTI

Default seats

Generally its $500 per front seat and $1000 for the rear seat.

If you got them to bolster the seats more it will obviously come at a higher price
Candy White, Anthracite heated Sports leather seats w/ Red stitching.Tinted Windows, Eibach Pro-Kit springs,Whiteline Front/Rear adjustable sway bars,Cupra R intake, Forge Turbo Inlet pipe,BMC panel filter, APR stage one flash,
Dunlop SP sport MAXX, Forge Polished upper front strut brace. 3'' downpipe and highflow cat

Loads of fun :
mitch_lx is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-05-2007, 10:28 PM   #8
photn
AFF Post NAZI

thats major rippage....

photn is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post