Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 24-10-2006, 08:35 PM   #31
MoreHPformyXR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Sorry to hear mate. Atleast no one was hurt & cars can be fixed. If your excess was cheaper than parts needed plus panel repair. You should look into but as its an at fault claim unless you have rating one protection your no claim bonus will dive & insurance will go up.

BA XR6 Mk II Shockwave Sedan - Now Sold - gone but not forgotten

mods: 20% under drive, Pacemaker Comps 4495' (ceramic coated) , 3' Metal Cat, XR6T exhaust - twin 3' tips, F6 CAI, K&N panel filter, PWR trans cooler, customed tuned by Heinrich Performance Tuning HPT 183.7rwkw.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATMO SIX
You have become the new SLOANY mate, no real quality to your current post(s).
MoreHPformyXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-10-2006, 08:40 PM   #32
stiddy
Banned

Ive gotta say this.. some of you guys are full of yourselves, playing all innocent..
Fair enough its stupid to hoon in the wet,stupid to hoon in general even.. but dont sit there and act as if you havent done anything like this before. You've done it, I've done it, everyones done it...
Chances are you didnt get caught or dent your pride and joy. This guy is just unlucky.
Ive been on car cruises with many guys off this forum, some in the wet, and they arent angels. No one is.
As for this 2kool4u twit, deliberately going to a backroad to practise drifting... you deserve to write your car off and be left to get around on foot.
stiddy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-10-2006, 09:09 PM   #33
TwistedEL
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by stiddy
As for this 2kool4u twit, deliberately going to a backroad to practise drifting... you deserve to write your car off and be left to get around on foot.
That would be S-Man you are refering to
TwistedEL is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-10-2006, 09:13 PM   #34
clontarf_x
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Back on topic, It's ok, it'll all be repairable. The panel's are peice of cacke, diff axle and rims are all hardware and easily fixed. Hardest bit will be the floorpan. Sure you haven't bent anything that requires machinery (rails?).

I vote all stupid posts abotu drifting (including the originating and replies to) be deleted...
clontarf_x is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-10-2006, 09:38 PM   #35
stiddy
Banned

Sorry, my mistake, yeah I meant S-man.. Sorry 2kool..
stiddy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-10-2006, 09:44 PM   #36
zetec
Zoom Zoom

Quote:
Originally Posted by S-MAN
well like i said before go in a some side streets like truck city and practice going sideways, theres no pedestrians, no cops, and some wide streets!
You really are a bloody idiot. Listen for once to the members on here with experience and those with some sense in their heads. It belongs on the track, not on the road. End of story.
Old 24-10-2006, 10:05 PM   #37
poolkeeper
Its Resonating!

Quote:
Originally Posted by D1XR2C
Well I recently had a drifting experience at 100ks on the motorway. Back stepped out like a metre and I had a full load of **** in the back.
Forgot to mention, wasnt on purpose. A truck cut me off big time, weight transfered to the front. This all happening around a slight bend, so naturally the rear end stepped out. I was close to the wall and truck

I agree with stiddy everyones done it or going to do it, its just unfortunately one of those things...
poolkeeper is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-10-2006, 10:23 PM   #38
fomoco3628

work outs whats cheaper...fixing it yourself or getting the insurance to pay for it. Theres no point paying for insurance if your not going to use it.. that is if the damage done is over 1000 which by the look of it probably is.
fomoco3628 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-10-2006, 10:35 PM   #39
TwistedEL
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

But don't forget to factor in your premium, and your future insurability...
Old 24-10-2006, 10:46 PM   #40
fomoco3628

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwistedEL
But don't forget to factor in your premium, and your future insurability...
yeah you'll always be able to get insurance but it might cost ya like 2500 full comp
fomoco3628 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-10-2006, 10:48 PM   #41
needaXYGT
AU II XR8

Quote:
Ive gotta say this.. some of you guys are full of yourselves, playing all innocent..
Fair enough its stupid to hoon in the wet,stupid to hoon in general even.. but dont sit there and act as if you havent done anything like this before. You've done it, I've done it, everyones done it...
Chances are you didnt get caught or dent your pride and joy. This guy is just unlucky.
Ive been on car cruises with many guys off this forum, some in the wet, and they arent angels. No one is.
all very true, iv done it, my mates done it, he ended up taking another car out, and i went up a gutter fairly quick not damage though.
and as for taking it out to a dirt road, i wouldnt bother, my dad did this once and rolled his mums brand new honda.
needaXYGT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-10-2006, 10:56 PM   #42
alpineau

Quote:
Originally Posted by eXi7w0unD
ur a bad driver, sif speed or try to get sideways in the wet, the oil comes up from the road and makes it very dangerous to speed. u should be off the road for good, ull end up killing ppl soon.

That is a little harsh, i think he has learnt his lesson and he wont do it again. There are alot of other people out there to do far more stupid things on the road then what he did and they should be the ones off the road for good
CURRENT - 2009 FG G6E BLUE 6 SPEED AUTO
alpineau is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-10-2006, 11:13 PM   #43
TwistedEL
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by fomoco3628
yeah you'll always be able to get insurance but it might cost ya like 2500 full comp
Not true
I was told I was told by one company (a mainstream one) that they would not cover me
Old 24-10-2006, 11:15 PM   #44
TwistedEL
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by alpineau
That is a little harsh, i think he has learnt his lesson and he wont do it again. There are alot of other people out there to do far more stupid things on the road then what he did and they should be the ones off the road for good
The really stupid ones make sure they can never drive, or do anything in fact, again - because they and their mates and some innocents around them are dead.

And when people do burnouts around my house I throw cans at their cars. Heavy cans. Does it teach them anything? I hope so, but probably not.
Old 24-10-2006, 11:31 PM   #45
ef_classic
Banned

I feel for you man, I and everyone else here has done some stupid things.
As soon as it happens you wish to god that you could turn back time, but you cant.
It took me ages to get over damaging my car (on private property.)

Just call it life experience.

And just tell yourself, **** happens.

Take it easy mate
ef_classic is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-10-2006, 11:48 PM   #46
StookEB

Get it checked out properly because if it has chasis damage then the insurance company might right it off.
Old 25-10-2006, 12:13 AM   #47
oldskoolin69
Starter Motor

who are you to say im a bad driver, and i never once said i was exactly flogging my car eather, shes the most expensive thing ive ever bought and i look after her shes well detailed and washed every week thanxs to the convience of our truck wash bay, accicdents happen im not saying i dont give it a bit but u cant go acusing me of being a **** driver and getting me off the road
oldskoolin69 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-10-2006, 12:17 AM   #48
TwistedEL
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Relax dude
You got the car sideways and smashed it into a pole... how is that looking after the "most expensive thing you ever bought"

**** happens I bet you won't do it again, get it fixed or replace the car and move on.
Old 25-10-2006, 12:19 AM   #49
oldskoolin69
Starter Motor

Default picks from before

heres a ok pic i took just down the road
Old 25-10-2006, 12:21 AM   #50
oldskoolin69
Starter Motor

yeh ur rite but i love my car and its gettin fixed through insurance, its way to expencive to fix out right but its all good, im just cut up u know lol
Old 25-10-2006, 02:52 AM   #51
MAFIA
Grange killer!!!!

Guys your all starting to go off topic!!! The man want advice/help about fixing his car and the best way around it, Not some driving intructor telling how or where to drive for that matter cause i think he learned from his mistake. So stay on topic and let help him out.

My advice mate is to go to a late model wreckers or ring Ford forum sponsor Ferntree gully and find yourself a secondhand diff with you petrol money (since you can't drive the car) maybe borrow some extra sash from mum/dad (surely they'll help you out) and get it fix so you can get on the road again. Put up with the dent for now until you get your money together. Oh any rim damage chuck on the spare or ask the guys here if you can borrow theres!

Hope I helped you out!!! Good luck!

INSURED BY MAFIA. YOU HIT US, WE KILL YOU!

FORD FTE AU T-SERIES CLUB OF AUSTRALIA
www.tseriesclub.org
MAFIA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-10-2006, 09:33 PM   #52
2kool4u

Location: I live in my own little world, but it's alright, the people know me here

Any further news on the car??
Old 25-10-2006, 09:56 PM   #53
CAMS290
trying to get a leg over
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldskoolin69
i dont know if anyone will be interested in this thread but im devestated and gota talk it out lol,
on friday night i lost it in my presious falcon, 2001 au 111 forte, shes low shes got nice wheelz exhaust and many more mods to come but thats all come to a halt.
ill cut it short... pritty much i lost it the wet 180'd up the gutter and hit a no standing sign... the force of my rear right wheel hitting the gutter was enuf to crack the rim beyond repair, warp the axle and crack a hole in the diff housing... also the sign made good work of my door, side skirt and door sill...
being a near second year apprentice mechanic and cus i did t out the front of work i got all the guru's in the shop to give me there opinion and pritty mych the axle is definatly skrewed along with the diff and rim, i can get all those parts and fix it myself pritty cheep but its the body work im worries about, the whole bottom sill is crushed in and the skirt ect... im trying to get a quote 2mora, moneys stressin me out lol every cent i earn is spent on keepin my tank full my insurance payed and my loan payed, i duno if i can even get money to pay the excess for an insurance claim what do i do?check out the photo of my poor baby and the diff, i did a good job huh, the black on the diff is oil n u cant really see but in the centre of the blackness is a massive hole i guess from where that swaybar or whateva it is has smashed it, im so devistated how stupid am i...

The diff plate should cost you no more than $50 from the wreckers, it has probably bent the axle too, and maybe the disc.

The same damage was done to my EL when i got it, took me about 1 1/2 hours to fix it.
Old 26-10-2006, 02:52 PM   #54
DENKO
Bseries hardcore

at the end of the day oldskoolin69, people do mistakes if they are meant or not, just like myself im over sideways coz i copped it from my oldman and brother, like a number of people said before if you want to be an idiot like myself, go to a skid pan and do what ever you want on there
BF MKII XR8, 13.8 @ 107mph
BA MKII F6 TYPHOON
BA MKII XR6 TURBO

BF MKII F6 TYPHOON R-spec, 13.2 @ 109 mph [LTHLF-6]
PX Ranger WILDTRAK
DENKO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-10-2006, 04:12 PM   #55
GK
Walking with God

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

What's the going rate for a live axle diff? He may need one, not just the plate.

GK

2015 Kia Sorento Platinum - Snow White Pearl

2001 Ducati Monster 900Sie - Red

Now gone!
1999 AU1 Futura Wagon - Sparkling Burgundy
On LPG

Want a Full Life? John 10:10
GK is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-10-2006, 12:26 AM   #56
oldskoolin69
Starter Motor

yeh m8, i got the damage quoted and its running about 6000bux... theres a lota pannel work to be done thanx to the sill being kinked ect old m8 reckoned that just the side skirt genuine and painted for one was like 800bux, i was like bullshit but yeh he reckons genuine is expensive... anyways the whole lots being done under insurance and being done properly lol, i get to visit her every day csu there workshops just down from mine, shuld have her back in 2weeks hopefully on the 8th of nov cus its my birthday