Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 07-07-2024, 07:14 PM   #5911
Tassie f100
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Geez! I hate that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citroënbender View Post
Found the missing box of trim clips, hooray.
In the safe place that you put them in ?
Tassie f100 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 07-07-2024, 09:21 PM   #5912
onemanempire
Sharper than a marble
Donating Member3

Hmm, another one from me: The train / tram level crossing timings here in Adelaide is garbage. The boom gates come down when the approaching train / tram is like 1km away doing all of 40 kays an hour on approach, then stay down while the train / tram is stationary at the train / tram station, and traveling away from the said level crossing you are waiting at. The boom gates will not re-open until the train / tram that is moving away from the crossing you are sat at, leaves the station. Like WTAF is wrong with the engineers who program these switches?Fair call if the oncoming train was doing 300 clicks or so... Unlike in Queensland (where I used to live there many moons ago), when an approaching train doing 80 clicks or so, the boom gates came down within 300 meters or so of the crossing, the train wizzes by and as soon as it's clear of the level crossing, lets say 50 meters or so, the gates raise, and everyone is on there way. I guess the engineers have factored in for the lowest common denominator retreads who walk / drive among us. /Rant off
Old 07-07-2024, 09:34 PM   #5913
onemanempire
Sharper than a marble
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0 View Post
I just throw an old blanket onto the screen the night before when I know it's going to be cold. Start the car up in the morning, whip the blanket off and put it away to dry during the day, get into the car and the heaters warm enough to clear the screen of any residual build up.
Wow. What an excellent overlooked idea (by myself).Thanks for the tip.

Anyone got any ideas on fitting a remote start option to the FG? Would help on super cold mornings or stinky hot summer days.

Jaydees comment: "I saw where parts of Tassie had minus 13 the other morning, lakes frozen with an inch of ice, burst water pipes. It was in the highlands, but that's brutal."
Holy sheeeit. That's just nasty.
Bet the plumbers are living the dream cash wise. Living the nightmare temp wise..

On a side note, was listening to the radio the other day and there was a rail worker from Melbourne talking about when in warmer months, the tram tracks would crack if the overnight temp was significantly lower than the daytime temp.

Who new that was a thing.
Old 10-07-2024, 08:14 PM   #5914
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the excellent car-care guide 

Laziness from people who like to give the impression they are the hardest workers on the planet.

Last Friday at 4pm, I had to go and pick up 300 trees due to the delivery truck breaking down at the competition. The delivery was supposed to arrive at 2.30pm, which in itself was annoying as it would put the pressure on to get it all sorted for weekend trading. But sh.t happens, can hardly blame to driver, the supplier on the other hand clearly didn't care when they dropped them off, I bet they knocked off in time.

Because it was so late in the day, I did not have time to process them as I normally would (sorted, labeled, orders pulled, placed into stock), so they were temporarily placed out the back, the roots covered in potting mix to stop them drying out. This sort of work doesn't get done on the weekend due customers taking priority and lower staff levels.

Even so, I managed to pull out and label the orders so they were at least ready to go should the customer come in for them. The rest of them would have to wait until next week, as in labeled and put into stock. Except that didn't happen. Granted, it rained all day on Monday. But yesterday?

The trees themselves were removed from the potting mix and labeled, then rather than putting them into stock, the staff member simply put them back into the potting mix out back. And even then, the person didn't label them properly despite verbal (the boss) and written (me) instructions.

What pi.ses me off is that 4 other staff members (the co-owners) didn't pull their own weight, just ignored the hard work because good old DFB would handle it on Wednesday.

So, these trees ended up being needlessly triple handled. Which also pi.ses me off because the pressure is put on the non-family employees to work efficiently to justify our wages. Do as we say, not as we do.

My new car and corresponding long service leave can't come soon enough, I'm going to go and bloody hide for three months.

Sorry, have been fuming all day of this.
Mustang GT

T3 TS50 - gone but not forgotten
DFB FGXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
5 users like this post:
Old 10-07-2024, 08:34 PM   #5915
.:4:.
Kicking back

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFB FGXR6 View Post
Laziness from people who like to give the impression they are the hardest workers on the planet.

Last Friday at 4pm, I had to go and pick up 300 trees due to the delivery truck breaking down at the competition. The delivery was supposed to arrive at 2.30pm, which in itself was annoying as it would put the pressure on to get it all sorted for weekend trading. But sh.t happens, can hardly blame to driver, the supplier on the other hand clearly didn't care when they dropped them off, I bet they knocked off in time.

Because it was so late in the day, I did not have time to process them as I normally would (sorted, labeled, orders pulled, placed into stock), so they were temporarily placed out the back, the roots covered in potting mix to stop them drying out. This sort of work doesn't get done on the weekend due customers taking priority and lower staff levels.

Even so, I managed to pull out and label the orders so they were at least ready to go should the customer come in for them. The rest of them would have to wait until next week, as in labeled and put into stock. Except that didn't happen. Granted, it rained all day on Monday. But yesterday?

The trees themselves were removed from the potting mix and labeled, then rather than putting them into stock, the staff member simply put them back into the potting mix out back. And even then, the person didn't label them properly despite verbal (the boss) and written (me) instructions.

What pi.ses me off is that 4 other staff members (the co-owners) didn't pull their own weight, just ignored the hard work because good old DFB would handle it on Wednesday.

So, these trees ended up being needlessly triple handled. Which also pi.ses me off because the pressure is put on the non-family employees to work efficiently to justify our wages. Do as we say, not as we do.

My new car and corresponding long service leave can't come soon enough, I'm going to go and bloody hide for three months.

Its a work ethic and attitude thing. Ok, so the delivery vehicle breaking down, that could be 1 of 3 things. Driver not communicating a potential issue, their employer failing to maintenance or simply bad luck. Anyhows, in your case at your work (this is just my obsevation) theres 2 types of employees. 1st is like you, care about the job and the business, as in gsd and keep things running smooth. 2nd is the attitude of 'eh, im still getting paid'. The business owner clearly can see who pulls their weight but sometimes its hard for them to trim the dead wood unless they can fill the position.

Yes i have had to deal with fellow staff members who create more work then they actually do before.
.:4:. is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-07-2024, 05:11 PM   #5916
swamp
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

hi
Dam those trim clips must be mates with my very hard to find split pins

Wanted split pins especially the ones I own !!
Often been seen with trim clips .
Both are elusive and keep outtasight .

Responsible for lotssa swearing/curse and talking to one self

Warning approach with effort they are not armed
Successful capture will result in completed job
LOL LOL

Now where are those god damned split pins
swamp is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-07-2024, 05:37 PM   #5917
Itsme
Experienced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFB FGXR6 View Post

My neighbour worked for Mitre10 which is a family business, he went through the same scenario you are going through and his solution was early retirement.
I tried to tell him to play the same game, but he was too proud to stoop to their level with his work ethics.
Itsme is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 11-07-2024, 06:30 PM   #5918
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 

…People who couldn’t give two hoots about blocking the footpath. They’ve been doing it every day.

Citroënbender is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 11-07-2024, 06:33 PM   #5919
Tassie f100
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
…People who couldn’t give two hoots about blocking the footpath. They’ve been doing it every day.

Let the RHS tyres down they might get the message
Tassie f100 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-07-2024, 06:37 PM   #5920
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the excellent car-care guide 

Quote:

Ahhhh, Tesla drivers.................the new BMW driver.

I'd say stick a potato up his exhaust pipe, but that wouldn't work here.
Mustang GT

5 users like this post:
Old 11-07-2024, 07:23 PM   #5921
marty351
Shenanigans..............

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tassie f100 View Post
Will that Tesla record the dastardly deed?

Always assume you're being watched...
marty351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-07-2024, 07:31 PM   #5922
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 

I deliberately lingered around it long enough (without touching) to hopefully trigger its alerts. So the operator might see a cranky bloke taking photos.

If they’re still doing it in a fortnight - hello, council ranger.
Citroënbender is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 11-07-2024, 07:53 PM   #5923
Itsme
Experienced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tassie f100 View Post
Usually, a polite note under the wipers works wonders without the aggression happening.
If that does not work, then a phone call to your local council will work.

Cheers
Itsme is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 11-07-2024, 07:59 PM   #5924
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Went to the servo down the road this morning to fill up the jerry cans. Within a few seconds pumping, I noticed petrol dripping on the ground and onto my hands.

As I continued to pump, an operator was walking by and I made him aware that the gun was leaking petrol. Rather than show any concern, he rabbited on about how each gun was inspected every Monday, and that it cost him a fortune to have those weekly inspections. He didn't even bother to look at the leaking gun.

Instead of shutting that pump down or putting it out of service, I dare say it will still be in use and still leaking until next Monday, probably longer.
Mustang GT

Old 11-07-2024, 09:49 PM   #5925
Trendseeker

Quote:
I deliberately lingered around it long enough (without touching) to hopefully trigger its alerts. So the operator might see a cranky bloke taking photos.

If they’re still doing it in a fortnight - hello, council ranger.
Yep. Download the Snap Send Solve app to your phone, and use it to take a photo and send it to the council. They’ll be there in a flash to issue a ticket. If the neighbour is a serial offender he deserves it for forcing pedestrians (including the local kids) to walk onto the road to get around his car.

Last edited by Trendseeker; 11-07-2024 at 10:12 PM.
Trendseeker is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old Today, 12:18 PM   #5926
HIPO
Al

Doing the weekly living room ceiling, spot cleaning thing. Probably something only Mastiff owners do! walls & furniture daily.....(:
HIPO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post