Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 24-07-2006, 06:48 PM   #1
ten[A]cio[U]s
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default AU Series II xr6 blue.

My mate just had a bit of a crash in his xr6 and the front left has been damaged. Does anyone know how much at a ruff guess how much it would cost for the front left quatre panal, front bar and bonnet?

Future fun: 1968 Ford Galaxie 500

ten[A]cio[U]s is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-07-2006, 07:03 PM   #2
bodes-sh
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

maybe try looking up in the parts list on here... http://fordforums.com.au/ford/parts.php

that should give you some idea...it is just a guide tho as its a bit old

supposing these are right and a rough idea

ERTVE 17D957 A BUMPER - COVER, FRONT, XR $1355.00

ER 16612 A HOOD ASSY, FORTE/FUTURA/S/XR $393.00

and for the life of me i cant find the front quarter panel...these were prices from ford by the way

Last edited by bodes-sh; 24-07-2006 at 07:14 PM.
bodes-sh is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-07-2006, 07:48 PM   #3
janek
Ripping it up

to panel beat and respray youre looking at minimum 550, probably closer to the 7-800 range (i had mine dont for 550 with some other work)... best bet get a quote from local panel beaters, itll probably be easier than comparing every tom dick and harry here
janek is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-07-2006, 09:07 PM   #4
turboseven
Starter Motor

Default for a panelbeater

i had a crane truck back onto my old BA xr6t ute,
his insurance coverd the damage,
but for a panelbeater (the best one i could find _2: )
it cost just on $2200 for a lh quarter, bonet, headlight, and front bar repairs and respray.

i got headlights and bar alot cheaper than the panelbeaters quotes, off ebay when i did an xr conversion on a ba wagon. its worth a look if you want to DIY.
by memory a pair of lights were about $350pair and a bar was $150. paint materials come up to $250 (i painted it)

Tim.
turboseven is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-07-2006, 09:27 PM   #5
LG
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

This guy has a new bonnet for $180:
(02) 4965-3211

This guy has brand new guards for $110:
(02) 9609-3333

On top of that, you can buy Mint Condition XR Front Bars off eBay for like $400-500. Otherwise upgrade to a XR50 kit.

And then for painting bonnet, guard, and front bar. You'd be looking at around $600-800.